IDing SFI Flexplates

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
I came across two flexplates in my garage which I need for two motors I am building. One has its SFI cert sticker on it (pic one) but the other doesn't. Actually, it has remnants of a sticker but can't make any info out (pic 2) and another sticker with what looks to be the build date and a part number (pic 3). I was thinking that since it appears to have a build date on it, that it may be an SFI piece. Can anyone help to ID it as a SFI plate?

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

The SFI one should be a 6 bolt crank flex plate and will work with any engine with the large bolt pattern converters which will be just about any after market one.

Thanks Adam. I know that there are two different size torque converter to flexplate bolts. The SFI plate has the opening for the larger bolts while the other does not. Just to clarify, this signifies that the other plate is not considered a SFI piece because it has the smaller openings, correct (see pic)?

IMG_1532.jpg

Fantastic, thank you!

BTW: I'm getting some crackers thrown in (with some cash) for one of my cam kits. I feel that I should send them on to you for the help. Wait a minute, I usually never give food away. Hmmm ... nevermind. ;-)

I have plenty of crackers at home, Thanks for the offer, LOL

-
Back