Idle hands do the work of the Devil.

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
Soooooo I got bored......... Got an idea in my head and couldn't leave it alone. So here is my latest little death trap.

started with building a seat.......

then.... i got a set of wheels and tires in the mail!

and then i got the harbor freight 212cc hemi headed engine and i tore into it.

replaced the exhaust with header. installed billet aluminum flywheel with 8* advance built into it. swapped valve springs re jetted the carb and installed a high flow air filter

then i started mock up!

then i built the front end......

and then it was pretty much ready to ride.

had to "machine" the axle a little bit to fit the bearing hub on and have enough threads for the nut to engage.

[ame]https://youtu.be/7ogIC3hNBnk[/ame]

it goes 50mph + and the engine now turns well over 6000rpm. its got huge power for this rig and will shred the tires at will. its a total freaking blast. its getting tore down for powder coat this weekend.

You are right about the Idle hands do the work of the Devil :glasses7:
Wow !! Is there anything you will not take on/tackle :D
Looks and sounds like you have been around these little engines before
Looking forward to the next post :color:

and then i finally got to ride it last night

it goes 50mph + and the engine now turns well over 6000rpm. its got huge power for this rig and will shred the tires at will. its a total freaking blast. its getting tore down for powder coat this weekend.

DANG !!! I need to down load flash player or something to see it younggun :banghead:
This is driving me nut's can you post a picture of it dun please please :color:

Looks like a Big Wheel !! I see it Now ! Cool Beans for sure..

Now that right there looks like fun!!!
C

i will for sure add more pics when i get it powder coated and finally assembled. I am gonna have fun with it this weekend first though.

I was expecting a go cart, not a trike! So freaking badass. :prayer:

The minute I saw that front wheel I was thinking "Big Wheel"! Great job....looks like a scream!

HELLYes.

Powered big wheel.

Kids dream from the 70's.

hells YES! best part of growing up! I can now have all the toys i wanted growing up and nobody can tell me no. Hell even the Girl friend is pushing me to build her a purple one! would be kinda cool to cruise around the neighborhood together with them.

That is extra badass! Pretty sure i no longer have the stones for 50mph in one those tho. But i still want one!

Looks great.
Seeing the finished product I hope you never hit anything.
I think your friends down stairs might be compromised with gusset on the down tube of the trike.
My grandparents bought me a new 1981 Yamaha Tri-Moto 125 when I was a kid, I have plenty of scars and two fake front teeth from the evil machine.
Be safe.....

awesome build , have you thought about adding some more rake to the front end to get the wheel out beyond the foot zone ? How much for one in Turbine Bronze ? LOL

What a bad *** toy. Every "kid" will want one.

Great skills you have.

Love it!!! How many hours do you have into it?

I built a drag bike style mini bike.. only problem I had last year was the condenser went out so I had a very weak spark and no power to move it.. Got a new one here just waiting for it to be warmer to go play with it..

Again you do some damn fine work!

That's a bad boy! That will hurt you if your not careful! Be safe.

That is extra badass! Pretty sure i no longer have the stones for 50mph in one those tho. But i still want one!

LOL, ahh.... just use liquid ones. :D

I ain't crazy about jet skis, but after, ahem... a sip or two, yeeehawww.

Love it!!! How many hours do you have into it?

I built a drag bike style mini bike.. only problem I had last year was the condenser went out so I had a very weak spark and no power to move it.. Got a new one here just waiting for it to be warmer to go play with it..

Again you do some damn fine work!

I worked on it for three weeks off and on as parts came in the mail
. I'd say I have close to 30 hrs into it. I had all the axle and sprockets ahead of time. It's actually super stable with the wide rear axle.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. If any of you wanna feel 12 yrs old again come on over! Your more then welcome to come take it for a spin!

great work younggun . is there a place that sell performance parts for small engines i have been lookng for a long time without sucess even with google . thanks .

-
Back