Ie 8

-
I'm a systems engineer and use firefox or IE6. I don't like IE7 and can't imagine IE8 is any better. I'm sure I'll hear all about it at work when I get back from vacation.

I'm still in the stone age with 98SE so my options are very limited... but stable!! :)

lol...98??!?!?!

Firefox. And I've got Opera, and Safari. The ONLY time I ever use Internet Exploder is on one of those rare occasions I run into something that will only work on I.E.

IE8? Oh, HELL NO. Firefox 3 for me, baby. Solid, dependable, standards-based, add-ins that don't kill perfomance, etc., etc. It *works*...

I tried it for a couple of hours one night. It was pretty bad. Unless you're a software developer, you probably shouldn't be playing with it yet.

I actually downloaded Safari from Apple about 3 months ago and like it even better than Firefox.

Im still using IE6 because I went through almost the same thing when I tried to download IE7 when it came out.

Problem with Safari is it doesn't have the security that Firefox does. I like the "mouse shortcuts" Opera has. Problem is most of the time I'm on the laptop on MY laptop these days. No mouse.....

I don't have 8 but I have 7 and it sucks. Really slow compared to what 6 was and it locks up every once in awhile where-as 6 didn't. I'm not much on computers so I didn't know what to do but by the sounds of it I may have to check out Firefox.

Is it free or have to pay for it? And where do you download it?

I don't have 8 but I have 7 and it sucks. Really slow compared to what 6 was and it locks up every once in awhile where-as 6 didn't. I'm not much on computers so I didn't know what to do but by the sounds of it I may have to check out Firefox.

Is it free or have to pay for it? And where do you download it?

It's free, probably the best software you never have to pay for.
Check it out HERE...

Yeah me too. Not glad you had problems Robbie but I am glad you brought this up cause I didn't think about it just being a software issue.

Damn Micro$oft, always using their users as Beta (not ready for primetime software) testers. Sorry to hear about the glitches with IE8. I can't dog on everything M$ does, though. I'm using LiveMail (the new Outlook Express) and it's great...

Problem with Safari is it doesn't have the security that Firefox does.

I have had no security breaches during this "test" period. I run a good anti-virus software that updates every day, and two different anti- spy ware programs.

Pages load faster with Safari, and I like it's toolbar too. So far, I like it. Some of the add ons don't work yet, but I'm sure they'll work that out soon.

Another Firefox user. I tried IE7 on my last computer and everytime I tried to download it the computer would lock up.

-
Back