If not Dougs d453 or TTI, which ceramic?

-

72Valiant4Door

Trouble Maker
Reaction score
I have been needing headers to finish my build for over a month. My manifolds are shot as is the current exhaust. So i decided while the motor is out to add headers on bolt on dual exhaust.

I have been watching eBay online sales and the forums and have missed out a few times on a good deal. I really want ceramic headers something that will cut down heat in the engine bay.

I was pretty reserved on the idea of getting Doug's. Within the past week or two the supply of ceramic d453 has dried up my local Parts guy at AutoZone is being told by dougs that they are out of stock for them.

So I guess I have to look at another brand because I cannot pay over $600 for a tired low compression 318s header.

I have the entire front clip out of the car so installation of the header should not be that difficult considering K member torsion bar and steering column are off the car.

What ceramic header do you all suggest as a runner-up to Dougs?

Autozone no longer, or is at least not currently, carrying dougs d453s...

#fml

Last edited:
They are out of stock. I'd put them on order with the current 20% off code and see when they show up.

Call summit and see if they will price match the 503ish price

BS it says that they are going to ship in one week.

i will try again tomorrow, or just purchase from autozone... i checked today and it said the order could not be completed when I tried the autozone website... I have a personal AND commercial relationship to autozone, so i will update yall on it tomorrow.

but like i said, i was given the run around today by autozone commercial, and summit.

still says item not available to me...

d453.jpg

It may default there if the item is out of stock. The main page says they should ship in a week to 10 days. Go figure.

Good thing you didn't leave it till the last minute.. lol

I've been trying to post the Amazon link for a set for a few more $$, but link won't paste..

so try Amazon.

hope it helps

Amazon product ASIN B000SSE8HU
I like the tti headers expensive but they fit good on a duster.If its not a high performance engine i would just go back to the stock manifolds.

sigh.

just delayed buying some, then of course the sold when i said i was gonna buy...

Someone is offering to sell ceramic hookers to me, but i have never heard good things about their fit...

The same thing happened to me with Doug's Headers on the Autozone Website. If you're able to at least add them to the cart and show the discounted price, then you can go to Jeg's and they will price match them even with the discount. That's what I did and I got Doug's D453's shipped to my door for $503.00 bucks.

The caveat is that you need to call Jegs and explain that they are out of stock, but have a discount. A Jeg's rep will then go to the Autozone website and add the item to the cart and apply the discount. This is so they can have proof of the discount.

Hopefully, this method still works. If it does, then you're in luck!

The same thing happened to me with Doug's Headers on the Autozone Website. If you're able to at least add them to the cart and show the discounted price, then you can go to Jeg's and they will price match them even with the discount. That's what I did and I got Doug's D453's shipped to my door for $503.00 bucks.

The caveat is that you need to call Jegs and explain that they are out of stock, but have a discount. A Jeg's rep will then go to the Autozone website and add the item to the cart and apply the discount. This is so they can have proof of the discount.

Hopefully, this method still works. If it does, then you're in luck!

Do this...

I have a set of Dougs for sale $325, uncoated but you could have that done. PM me with your #
If you have these headers still available I would be interested in talking to you about buying them.

Let me know asap as I am in need of making a purchase soon.

Thanks in advance

-
Back