if you accept money from paypal, can you get f'ed?

-

Baxter61

Reaction score
Got my first scam text offering to pay via paypal. Standard broken english, mover will pick up, etc. So say i were to take money via paypal and it were not legit, could they come back in the longrun and take it back? Yes i know its best to avoid such situations, this is more a philisophical question.

They may have hacked someones Paypal account. Go with your gut feeling on this. Walk away.

Yes, they can and do come and take the money back.

Your recourse in such a case is very limited.

Contact PayPal directly and see what they have to say. I'm dealing with them on a deadbeat buyer and they have been quite helpful.

They can only take what's in your paypal account.
If you move the money out, they can't take it.

I had to file a dispute after I made mayment of $101, but they were only able to get $87 from the sellers account because that's all that was in there. I was happy to get it because I had been waiting 45 days with no answeres to the emails I sent every three days towards the end.

You should foward the email to paypal, I believe there is a fraud link on there site.

They can only take what's in your paypal account.
If you move the money out, they can't take it.

I had to file a dispute after I made mayment of $101, but they were only able to get $87 from the sellers account because that's all that was in there. I was happy to get it because I had been waiting 45 days with no answeres to the emails I sent every three days towards the end.

That's true, but if you ever put more money in.....they'll confiscate it.

Here's a copy/paste from Paypal's website:

Forward the entire email to [email protected]. Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.

hmmm In just got $165 back from a chinese company , it only took 6 days after the resolution period and they paid me even tho the company had no money in their account , might be something to do with Canadian banking laws but I got a full refund . If your selling something and can prove you shipped it they will side with you , just make sure you send it signature required so you can prove it was signed for and then it's the shipping companies fault.

Good luck my friend. I have had never a problem but i always watch what i have in my acct. I may have $50 in it at any givin time just in case. If it aint there they cant take it but..........if you deposit/sell they can.Nothings perfect.Hope all works out.

-
Back