ignition lock cylinder pulls out

-

hemiorange

Reaction score
The ignition lock cylinder in my 70 dart pulls right out of it's sleeve without a key. It looks as though the little pin that holds it in there doesn't line up with the hole inside the sleeve. Is it possible that there is a different years ignition lock cylinder in there? It started the car no problem before I tore the car apart.

A different year or model is possible any cylinder that will fit in there will turn the switch.

yes it possible... not sure if it makes a difference but i have seen locks with just a pin and others with kinda a big C clip. could be a year thing i guess. sure the column isn't just worn?

Not sure if it is set up like my 69,I had the same problim it turned out that, that pin has a small spring under it to push it into the hole to lock it in.

I don't think anything is worn out. The little pin seems to be off by a good centimeter so it doesn't engage in to anything.

yes it possible... not sure if it makes a difference but i have seen locks with just a pin and others with kinda a big C clip. could be a year thing i guess. sure the column isn't just worn?

I got a 70 ignition lock cylinder and it fits perfect. It was the one with the big c clip sort of thing. Must have had another year lock cylinder in there.

-
Back