Ignition wires going to MSD box

-

pest1688

Reaction score
HI i'm hopeing someone can tell me if i wired this right. The box itself was very simple to wire my question is the ignition wire or wire's that turns on the MSD box there is two of them I looked in my repair manual there's position 1 (start) and position two (run) if i dont connect both wires to the MSD the car wil not run. If i disconect the run wire naturally the car will only run if i hold the key forward and if I just hook up the run wire it of course wont start. when I connect both together it all works just fine. I just need to make sure I'm not going to start a fire or ruin something it seems fine it's been that way for a few week's. What are are your thought's Thanks.

For future references, pick up the optimum ignition book by Dr. Christopher Jacobs as it will come in super handy when doing any electrical updates on any vehicle

Yes you will need position 1 and 2 connected together. The easiest way is to remove the ballast resistor and put a jumper between the two connectors (MSD gives you a pigtail for this) and connect the small red wire of the MSD to the wire that used to connect to the positive side of the coil.

-
Back