I'm done

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok I'm done with this car I give up spent all this money and time with the engine swap and drive line and brake are still f'ed up.It has 4 wheels drums and they have a bad leak somewhere and I really don't care to find of fix it.Make an offer on the car and get it out of here.

Stick with it bro! If building a MOPAR was easy, the Ford and Chevy guys would be doing it too!!

We've all been there, put it to the side, chill a little and have at it again. Thats what car covers are for.

We've all been there, put it to the side, chill a little and have at it again. Thats what car covers are for.

I agree.. Sometimes you just have to walk away from it and take a break.. whether that be an hour, day, month, year.... whatever... I have had to put the cover on the Dart and leave her sit sometimes just so she doesnt get the best of me... I truly believe if you ditch the car, you will regret it eventually... Dont give up on it...

I must have overcome a hundred hurdles building my Plymouth. Throw the cover back over it for a while. Sleeping on the problem helps sometimes but posting a thread with the details is way better. We got people on here from around the world that can help.

I have the think the additional stress that comes with the holiday season is a factor.
Winter as a whole is a much greater factor for some than others.
I would be willing to bet that if you bought a car cover or whatever it takes to put the car out of sight and out of mind for now... springs arrival would find you chirping a different song. Good luck and happy holidays whatever you decide.

Step back, deep breath and come back when the frustration level drops. Mopars can be frustrating, ask anyone on here. Trying to find a brake issue is not a 1 person job either. 2 even 3 people would be better.

I must have overcome a hundred hurdles building my Plymouth. Throw the cover back over it for a while. Sleeping on the problem helps sometimes but posting a thread with the details is way better. We got people on here from around the world that can help.

Too bad you are way, way on the other side of town or I would come over and give you some help.
Sounds like you got the go part working. Now just get the whoa part.

I totaly understand we're your coming from.. Like everyone else said, throw the cover on it and enjoy the holidays. Brake systems are fairly easy at troubleshooting, if you have a leak and its not visible, it only leaves a few places, bad master cylinder internally, any of the junction blocks where lines interconnect, cracked (aged) rubber lines, or just an old rusty line with a pinhole. Walk away from it, and when the mood hits, have someone sit in the car and just push on the brake pedal while you just look around. If you don't find it, cover it back up till the mood hits again.. Sort of like reverse trial and error... Patience is the key, if everybody could do it, everybody would have one..

Yep...what everyone else said. Take a breather...you'll find that motivation will come back. There are two vehicles I "gave up on" in my 30+ years of building rides. To this day I regret it. Our rides (Mopars) are unique, yes they can be a pain at times, but the satisfaction you'll get when you go to a cruise night/show and there is not another car like yours there in the sea of Stangs, Camaros, Chevelles, GTO etc is totally worth it.

Pat

Well lets have a looksee.
Post some pics, ballpark price.
I'm interested if the price is right.:coffee2:

Pull your drums and look for the leaking cylinder. It should be easy to spot.

Im in Stockbridge. I could come take a look at it oine day to see if I can help.

What have you done to the brakes already? Anything? If not, it's time for all new wheel cylinders and hoses, and master cylinder anyway, at the minimum. If your problem isn't there, it's probably with a connection, most of which you'd be re-doing to replace all those parts anyway, so you'd find or correct it then. That is, if you're keeping the front drums. If you're converting to disc on front, now's the time. I re-did my brakes front to back this past summer, wasn't that bad at all. Only kind of expensive part for me was the drums, the rest of those items are super cheap to buy new or even cheaper to rebuild if you're so inclined. Heck, the brakes are probably the easiest part of a Mopar to work on, especially if you're not swapping anything.

Don't give up just yet.
It's all part of the learning curve. Take a break and chill out for however long it takes.
Work on another part of the car if that's what it takes to get started again, but remember, ''winners never quit and quitters never win''.

I'll give a hundred bucks for it. Where's Buford,GA? I'll go hook up my trailer and be back in a minute to check for directions. :thumrigh:

Hey Bud, you can't quit. Remember this thread?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=213277

You should be proud of what you have done so far. The next step may just be to take a break like everyone is saying. Or maybe one of the generous offerers will come over and give you a hand. They are right, brakes are easy to troubleshoot. Watch the video and read through your thread again, it inspired me! :D

sounds to me that you just need a mopar friendly wrenching buddy. Its times like this that you just need a second set of eyes and hands to push through.

I'll give a hundred bucks for it. Where's Buford,GA? . :thumrigh:

I'll go $110. :iconbigg:

Seriously, stick with it. These things come up when you build a car. You gotta learn to step back and relax and think about how to overome the problem, not quit...

I agree with everyone. You have come a long way on that Duster since you got it. Take a break and hit the Pull A Part and look for a disc brake swap

Break Time!!!,...Enjoy the Holidays!!!

What he said!
Take a break, heres some great christmas music! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-7pSoSEOA"]Dropkick Murphys - The Season's Upon Us - YouTube[/ame]

you are ready to dump the car over the brakes? try spending thousands on a new motor only to have it lose oil pressure and spin every cam bearing or melt the main bearings, or having to pull the drivetrain out 3 or 4 times because it was put together with mismatched parts or simply didnt work like it was supposed to. what about having to replace the entire dash harness because something melted and caught fire ? the brake systems are so basic in these old cars. stop the bitching and get out there and figure it out. you did all the rest yourself , right?

-
Back