I'm home and alive

-

Small Block

Reaction score
Let me explain. About the last of Jan. I left to take a Boiler Maker job in Calif. Bumped my head on a low hanging scaffold and what a deal. Just a headache or so I thought. The next morning I woke up with the mother of all headaches and headed for the shower to flood the back of my neck with cold water. No dice for relief. I got my pants on and headed out of the motel to call 911. They were there in about 5 minutes. They placed me in the ambulance and about 5 minutes later I was out. I was hauled to John Muir Hospital and layed on my back for 4.5 weeks as they resolved the issue. Seems the crack I took to the head caused an aneurism. They went up through my groin and put a coil on the vein that was bleeding at the base of my neck. Two days later they did that again higher up. Wasn't expected to live. This all took place in Walnut Creek, Calif.. Two weeks after I was there one of the doctors told me she was gonna pull my death certificate. Two days before I was released another doctor told me had I not been brought there I would have died and my case worker called me a week after I got home and told me she had worked 20 yrs in ICU and the 25 cases she dealt with they lost ALL 25. She was in tears before we finished talking. I know Chip Fetter mentioned this ordeal on here earlier when I was down and out and I know there were those that knew how to touch heavan and I thank you. I'm a walkin miracle. I about to take some therapy with a pole in my hand so i'm on the mend. Do I believe in angels? Does a Mopar run like a scaulded dog? Thanks again guys.

Holy crap! Glad things are looking up for ya. I don't think I read anything about all of this.

VERY happy to hear from you! My prayers and good thoughts, to you.

So glad to see you're back, and on the mend. Sounds like good therapy. We all were pulling, and praying for your recovery. After all man, you can't go anywhere. We here at FABO aren't near done with you yet!!

Wow just wasn't your time! Glad to here you are on the mend. Show you have to live life one day at a time and enjoy what you have left. I am surprise you were on big construction job without hard hat. Hope you make full recovery. Bill

Wow, a miracle! Glad your back and getting better, keep up on the therapy and soon back to the cars!!! prayers to you

Good grief, Bill. What an ordeal. Really glad you are on the mend.

Welcome Back!!! recovery just in time for the mopar season!!! Lawrence

Holy FREEK. Best of luck for your continuted recovery

They say the second time around is always more fun. Glad to hear you are on the mend!!!!!
When you feel down in the dumps, not happy with how fast rehab is going, or just not having the best day, remember it could have gone the other way.
Hand in there.
Mike

Blessed for sure!! Great news, and hoping for continued mending!! We've been missing you around here!! Time for a super hug, Nella style!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 421
Great to hear from you Bill!!! I had no idea it was that bad. I bet it feels better to be home. Continue to get better and don't push it to hard.

Jack

glad to hear you are back. Just wasn't your time to go! I still have a zippo lighter from when I was in Viet Nam that I had inscribed "You haven't Lived until you have almost died". Make the most of everyday. We are still praying for your continued recovery, Joe

That's great news Bill, you're a lucky man! I lost a few colleagues from work related injuries when I was plumbing on sites when I was a young man. To me, "going" at or from a work accident was always on my list of the worst way that could happen.

So glad you're back on your way! We're praying for a continued quick recovery, but even that wont hold a candle to that big hug from Nella. :thumleft:

Praise God, science, and the medical team. Cool that you changed the statistics.

-
Back