I'm Starting an Online Video Blog about Cars...

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
So, a couple weeks ago I started to film some things in my Dart just to start something new. Basically it's just an in car video blog about what I like or would like to see in the car hobby as a whole. If I continue, I'd also like to try new things or go to new places with my car (and it won't be focused on just my Dart). This one is about 12 minutes long. It's just something I hope would motivate myself and maybe others to do stuff with their car. None of it was scripted, it was all just what popped up in my head. It was also my first try at using a video editing software and I know it sucks, that was just me fiddling with it for about an hour or so.

Anyways, I'm curious to what you guys think of the video whether you think it's something cool, inspiring, boring, or just junk. I'm not doing this to make any money. I'm just trying to have fun.

Anyways, here's the link of the video...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExNxM3vlWI&list=PLuEbAKz-FgX9VOYo9_rVvY4-WReg8Ph6q&feature=mh_lolz"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExNxM3vl...feature=mh_lolz[/ame]

Enjoy... Or consider it torture... Whichever pleases you most.
biggrin.gif

When will there be babes in the clips?
Will you be doing any driveby's in following clips?

:D :D

jk,
I like the idea and the non-camera shyness.
Usually the first five to ten selfie-clips show an amount of shy- or ackwardness from presenters. Almost looks like you've done this before... lol. Well at least you weren't talking to yourself the whole trip... oh wait :D

I think, for this clip, you should/could have done some outside-car shots aswell, showing the car itself. Some underhood and interior shots would've been nice I think.

Good job, but don't quit your dayjob just yet... :D

When will there be babes in the clips?
Will you be doing any driveby's in following clips?

:D :D

jk,
I like the idea and the non-camera shyness.
Usually the first five to ten selfie-clips show an amount of shy- or ackwardness from presenters. Almost looks like you've done this before... lol. Well at least you weren't talking to yourself the whole trip... oh wait :D

I think, for this clip, you should/could have done some outside-car shots aswell, showing the car itself. Some underhood and interior shots would've been nice I think.

Good job, but don't quit your dayjob just yet... :D

Thanks... The non-shyness thing in front of a camera is sort of natural for me. I've done some stage work and public speaking in the past so I'm sorta used to it. I haven't done much behind a camera but I seemed to do fine this time around. I definitely have plans for some other shots and possibly changing my GoPro to a video camera and utilizing a mic so I'm not muffled by the car.

This is just a hobby for now. As I said, I'm studying engineering so I think I'll keep my upcoming day job for now. Lol.

This is already an online blog about cars.

With a second camera you could for instance install the GoPro outside the car on a short stick to get different view-angles while you're driving around.
Maybe even go as far as to reposition the outside camera a few times and drive the same road a couple of times.
This way you can mix different camera-views during the clip while the main-inside camera and it's sound continue in the background.
This would make for a more interesting viewing experience IMO.

In a better world where folks have friendly friends and such :) you could try to get someone ride along in another car and filming you from it. Makes for much more dynamic footage. Similar say fi. Jay Leno's car clips.

I'd like to see more peeps doing this kind of thing.

A walk around and a drive by would have been nice. But not to bad.

With a second camera you could for instance install the GoPro outside the car on a short stick to get different view-angles while you're driving around.
Maybe even go as far as to reposition the outside camera a few times and drive the same road a couple of times.
This way you can mix different camera-views during the clip while the main-inside camera and it's sound continue in the background.
This would make for a more interesting viewing experience IMO.

In a better world where folks have friendly friends and such :) you could try to get someone ride along in another car and filming you from it. Makes for much more dynamic footage. Similar say fi. Jay Leno's car clips.

I'd like to see more peeps doing this kind of thing.

A walk around and a drive by would have been nice. But not to bad.

I have an idea of what I'm going to do for my next video. I might film it on Friday. I think I'm going to make it a little shorter as it seems some people got a little bored and go more in depth by showing shots of the car. I have a suction cup mount and plan on driving down the road a couple times with different GoPro locations along the car.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I'm not sure you understand what a blog is.

Maybe not but I know this is about the extent of what I wanna do right here in this forum.

So I filmed another video going up and down Glendora Mountain Road. It's pretty similar to the first but I changed it around a little bit. I added some different shots. Coincidentally I wore the exact same shirt I wore before. The sound still sucks as I still haven't been able to look into mics or other videos but hopefully you guys enjoy this one.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27-xQgT3Cfk"]The MuuMuu Report Episode 2: Glendora Mountain Road - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 20140307_154056.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20140307_154129.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20140307_154849.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20140307_154958.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 20140307_155027.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 69
-