In over my head

-
yes! tell us please! i've been following, and gathering great tips, too so thanks for the posts, but i hate that it's over for you- i hope you are well, byw.

It dont eat anything so maybe if you can convince her to let you keep it you could take your time and learn how to make your own metal patches. Just a thought being you had hope for this car.

It dont eat anything so maybe if you can convince her to let you keep it you could take your time and learn how to make your own metal patches. Just a thought being you had hope for this car.

I wish I could make my own panels,but my back and legs won't let me.

listen. here is my philosophy on it. judging by the rot in the quarter, i am sure that car has rot everywhere else. if it is that bad, there is no shame to decide to not go any further. some cars are beyond repair for the owner of it. if the next guy had a million dollars to put into it, it would be restorable. but since your budget is so tight, and you do not have all the tools and knowledge to do it yourself, it just may be UN-RESTORABLE -----FOR YOU.

i hope that you make no quick decisions, and talk to you soon. oh , well, now you may not need that rear.? just keep me posted.

listen. here is my philosophy on it. judging by the rot in the quarter, i am sure that car has rot everywhere else. if it is that bad, there is no shame to decide to not go any further. some cars are beyond repair for the owner of it. if the next guy had a million dollars to put into it, it would be restorable. but since your budget is so tight, and you do not have all the tools and knowledge to do it yourself, it just may be UN-RESTORABLE -----FOR YOU.

i hope that you make no quick decisions, and talk to you soon. oh , well, now you may not need that rear.? just keep me posted.

Can you call me?

Wow. you werent kidding about the rust my friend.. wow.

you mentioned to me you were looking to get another ride. what were you looking for? I know of a good amount of very low rust desert cars out here i can hook you up with. once you factor shipping into the equation you can get yourself a nearly rust free ride for a fraction of what it would cost you to buy something out there. In particular a 73 dart sport sunroof car with the folding rear seat.. and the car is under $1k

Your only in over your head when your health interferes with your projected ETA on the work you are doing. Unless you have a son who injoys it and will carry it on . It makes it so much easier knowing what ever you do or have will be left for someone you love. Move forward on your projects. Your accomplishments in life no matter how small will be remembered when you are gone. It goes fast and even faster when your given a date yourself.

Your only in over your head when your health interferes with your projected ETA on the work you are doing. Unless you have a son who injoys it and will carry it on . It makes it so much easier knowing what ever you do or have will be left for someone you love. Move forward on your projects. Your accomplishments in life no matter how small will be remembered when you are gone. It goes fast and even faster when your given a date yourself.

No help on working on it. I also called DVAP for prices for front fenders ($310 each),rear quarter panels ($625 each) doesn't include shipping. Unless this car falls off the jack stands it's on it will not get done. Health wise I'm in a powerchair about 75% of my time.

-
Back