Indy Cylinder Head Swap Meet March 1-2

-
Oh did I! My son was diggin on it. Niether one of us was impressed with the price. We were missing the truck guy too! That corner was way too clean this year.... Lol.
Glad I didn’t go then. That’s what i was looking for mainly.

That said, is there enough of a market for Mopar truck stuff?

Glad I didn’t go then. That’s what i was looking for mainly.

That said, is there enough of a market for Mopar truck stuff?
I think so. I've had to deal with aftermarket body panels on 72-80 body style trucks. Some of that stuff is REAL junk. Nothing fits like factory, and even that was off sometimes. We're not talking Hemi Cuda money, but, some guys will pay a little more for the good factory stuff.

I have a couple buddies that deal with truck parts a lot. They are coming into their own these days.

This is an old thread but go to the last 4 or 5 post.
I believe Charlie shot me a $1,600 price for the pair. I'll have to call her up and get more information from her.
I called them a few months ago inquiring about the LAX heads they used to have and she told me that they had these heads in the old place on a pallet. She told me the same price but couldn't tell me anything at all about them, like even valve size and port volume. Pretty disappointed.

I think so. I've had to deal with aftermarket body panels on 72-80 body style trucks. Some of that stuff is REAL junk. Nothing fits like factory, and even that was off sometimes. We're not talking Hemi Cuda money, but, some guys will pay a little more for the good factory stuff.
I’m working on a 78 W200 now. Luckily it’s very solid and the only panels I need to replace are floor boards. Nothing external needs replacing so I don’t have to worry there. But there’s a junkyard near me that has dozens upon dozens of these trucks from that era and I’m wondering if there’s a market if I should start flipping the stuff haha

I’m working on a 78 W200 now. Luckily it’s very solid and the only panels I need to replace are floor boards. Nothing external needs replacing so I don’t have to worry there. But there’s a junkyard near me that has dozens upon dozens of these trucks from that era and I’m wondering if there’s a market if I should start flipping the stuff haha
Where are you located?

What did y'all think of the Dirty Dart from Fastest Cars in the Dirty South? That thing was crude! I guess I liked it overall. I like the ratty stuff.

2nd question, did anyone else see a guy that looked like JJ Da Boss? He has Mopars in the fleet now so.......... Sure looked and dressed like him. Not fan enough to go ask, that's for damn sure!!

The fairgrounds is played out. As much as I hate to see it moved, that area in Indy sucks and the prices to do anything on the fair grounds are stupidly high compared to other venues. In fact, my employer, their trade show moved to the convention center down town and was actually CHEAPER than the fair ground for what their size. Granted the parking is 20-35 bucks so it didn’t save attendees but there’s much better food and other things near by that the fairgrounds surrounded by the ghetto in one of the highest crime areas of the city is located
The area is a real issue.
We stay on Shadeland Blvd, take 38th to get to the fairgrounds. Wife is on an iced coffee kick and we stopped at McDonalds on 38th at Keystone. She came back out without her coffee. I asked if they were out and she said she was told that she wasn't welcome there.
So, there's that.

The area is a real issue.
We stay on Shadeland Blvd, take 38th to get to the fairgrounds. Wife is on an iced coffee kick and we stopped at McDonalds on 38th at Keystone. She came back out without her coffee. I asked if they were out and she said she was told that she wasn't welcome there.
So, there's that.
Yep not to turn it racial, but I wouldnt surprised if that happened simply based on skin color

A couple blocks from the fairgrounds is a Nation of Islam "church". You know, the Louis Farrakhan kind of place "church"......

-
Back