Indy X-head ID

-

DentalDart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Indy RHS X heads have 2 styles the LA-X and the MA-X.

Which ones are these? The MA-X?

Thanks...

Screenshot_20210123-213602_OfferUp.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-213610_OfferUp.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-213628_OfferUp.jpg

correct.....no pedestals...they are magnum style...
I have a set of the LA style

correct.....no pedestals...they are magnum style...
I have a set of the LA style

Of course you do :poke: lol. I actually already knew that you had a set of these from searching older threads.

Well that stinks, as these ones will not work for me then...

yes...they can be made to work on a LA engine....

you can put magnum heads on a LA engine which the Indy X-mag is

the heads....new pushrods...the rockers...which can be stock magnum rockers...and maybe lifters...depending on what lifters you have...lifters need to be able to oil thru pushrod which alot of them do now....even though your LA heads dont use it

and an intake manifold...and i think new head bolts.....

you put new lifters on the XE cam...do you remember what part number you bought...? they probably oil thru the pushrod....

the heads....new pushrods...the rockers...which can be stock magnum rockers...and maybe lifters...depending on what lifters you have...lifters need to be able to oil thru pushrod which alot of them do now....even though your LA heads dont use it

and an intake manifold...and i think new head bolts.....

Pushrods, rockers and intake. Thats not to bad...

My lifters have the oil holes.

I see in the past these were good heads, before everyone started to go to the speedmaster AL heads... lol.

well..they quit making the indy x head..as they are a pretty good cast iron head...

and the black friday price is unbeatable.....simple

I have the summit ht-2011 lifters, came with the summit kit and per summit have oiling holes.

Screenshot_20210123-221441_Samsung Internet.jpg

well..they quit making the indy x head..as they are a pretty good cast iron head...

and the black friday price is unbeatable.....simple

Yeah I was reading they quit making them. These are listed for 500, so a bit under 1/2 the price of the Speedmasters on blackfriday sale...

I need to quit looking for mopar parts on the Craigslist lol... going to make me do stupid stuff.. there are also some bare xheads for 600...

I could probably find a set of the stock mag rockers for nothing.....

ok..i gotta go feed a bunch of hungry cats.....talk to you later....

Would it be worth it to switch over though, are indy heads really a step up from x heads, if neither are ported or cnc'd
Indy MAX heads are decades younger, better made and flow better by a good margin. Go to the Race section and check out the head flow chart by TurboGLH. It's the LAX heads listed there
but they should be very close to MAX.

They’re better than an ootb oe X head:

93C160B4-E60D-4B06-9495-30EF3000C2D8.png

Plus, I think in the end you’ll have more than $500 in the oe X heads when you’re done.

OE X head with used(but not badly pounded) factory valve job, OE valves:

Lift—— I/E
.100— 55/44
.200—119/90
.300—173/119
.400—208/126
.500—223/131
.600—221/133

Last edited:
I have a set of the MAX heads on an LA. I bought the bare set brand new for $400 bucks, so if these are complete that's a pretty good deal for $500. I may have a set of stock rockers if 70aarcuda doesn't (I know he's pretty close to you).

Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I was beat to picking them up by another A body guy here in Las Vegas... :(

So ill keep working on my porting skills for now :)

Indy MAX heads are decades younger, better made and flow better by a good margin. Go to the Race section and check out the head flow chart by TurboGLH. It's the LAX heads listed there
but they should be very close to MAX.

This is what I ended up doing. I read a bit about them last night, guys run in the 10s with these things.... crazy

Nothing more then a root canal.

Touche'

The heads sold this morning before I could get over there, so I didnt get them. I told the wife about them and mentioned you have a pair,, and Cassidy asked me to ask you, "what DONT you have?" :poke::lol:

-
Back