Info on Ram diesel

-

slantflat

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Questions about an 07 Ram 1500 diesel that I want to go look at. The guy says he's replaced the battery, water pump, thermostat, radiator and also coolant sensor. But it runs hot. He says it might need a head gasket. It's 2500 bucks which seems cheep to me. Of course, if he thinks it's toast... My first thought is he's throwing parts at it and has no idea what's wrong, and that it could be simply an indication problem.

Are these engines prone to bad head gaskets? He says it has 220K on it. Anything else that might be the culprit? Are these engines unusually hard to work on/rebuild? This is new territory for me.

Thanks everyone.

Are you sure it’s a 1500? Is it all stock?
Some had a circulation problem at the number 6 cylinder but I suspect that happened when over revving. Some have blown head gaskets while towing over weight trailers with a programmer set on hot rod. Maybe the head bolts were not re torqued or head studs used with a bigger turbo?

Last edited:
i think the ECO'S had there problems but the cummins were mostly good i think .

Yeh this would be a what, V6 eco diesel? Not a Cummins in a 1500

I’m pretty sure the ECO Diesel was not out in 07. It didn’t come out till 2014. In 07 the early 2500 had 5.9 but in mid year they went to the 6.7.

Hm shows what I know. The ad doesn't say what motor it is, just a 6 cylinder. A closer look at the pictures shows there is no Cummins badge on the fender. Got some good questions to ask the seller. Thanks guys.

It's just what the ad says. So apparently the guy selling doesn't know what he has. Not a big surprise there.

-
Back