Informal poll

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I was on another forum earlier. I was disagreeing with another person and thought I'd just throw this question out there and see if I'm correct. I had a no start condition on an old, long sitting Mopar. The question is this. A friend says his early 70's Mopar turns over but won't fire. You have ten seconds to guess what it could be and with no other information. What would you throw out as your first guess?

C'mon. You guys are Mopar guys. What is the most common reason for a Mopar to crank but not start? You all know what it is. ,

Someone stole the heads, intake, and carb and let the short block sit for years or at least that's what seems common to me

Last edited:
I used to carry a spare ballast resister in my glove box for a van I had. Also used to carry a spare condenser on a couple vehicles.

if your off strutting your stuff on a different forum, dont expect to come here and have us fix your car, you floozie

giphy.gif

Ballast? disagree. In all my years I've only run across maybe MAYBE 3 or 4 ballasts that have failed, and none of them on a "points" car

On the other hand that is certainly a place to start, no pun

Last edited:
Didn't ask you to fix my car. I asked a specific question, which you apparently didn't understand. Maybe if they let us type with crayons I could make it easier for you.

i do like crayons, but, in case you missed it, i was just having fun

giphy (1).gif

-
Back