Installation of thrust block

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was reading the thread by jefflock on removing the thrust block in order to use aftermarket axles. Got the opposite problem. I'm using shortened and resplined LBP axles and have a 741 case with sure grip that has had the thrust block removed. Will this have to be disassembled in order to install the thrust block. I looked through a couple of FSMs I have and can't really find the info. I suspect it does; just wanting to make sure.

Is it a cone or clutch type? The clutch type you can add without taking it apart. The cone has to come apart.

What kind of bearings are on the axles, if you have the green bearing you won't need the thrust block, if you are using stock style bearings you will need it. Hope this helps.

Is it a cone or clutch type? The clutch type you can add without taking it apart. The cone has to come apart.

Old age syndrome - can't remember for sure as the pig is in my storage building but think it's the clutch type.

What kind of bearings are on the axles, if you have the green bearings you won't need the thrust block, if you are using stock style bearings you will need it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help! Using shortened and resplined truck axles with stock bearings

-
Back