installing ARP main studs

-
well since I used the stock bolts to line hone it, can I go to the ARP main BOLTS?

I would either use the bolts it was aligned honed with or get it aligned honed again with the ARP studs. I wouldn't switch fasteners after it was aligned honed if it were mine.

Lead, Sorry about that. looking back, I should not have worded it like that. One thing that time should have given me is the understanding that nothing is ever "always" with factory engines...

well since I used the stock bolts to line hone it, can I go to the ARP main BOLTS?

I have switched around stock main bolts before in an engine that was not line honed and never had a problem, but the same manufacturer made both sets of bolts 'mopar', so not sure about arp's it's something you'll have to try, as in install and check closely, but if the bolts shoulders aren't bigger then you would be ok. sorry bout the run ons.

I want to put a windage tray in my 360 and was going to use ARP studs but after reading this I don't want to tear the motor down to have it line honed.

Did Mopar use bolts on the cars equipped with factory windage trays and if so are they still availible from anywhere?

Did Mopar use bolts on the cars equipped with factory windage trays and if so are they still availible from anywhere?

Mopar used bolts with tall bosses for #2 and #4 main caps. Small bolts were used to hold the tray on which screwed into the bosses. Here are some extra ones I have laying around (one has the bolt snapped off inside it). These came off a '71 340 low mileage standard bore block:

WindageTrayBolts.jpg

I want to put a windage tray in my 360 and was going to use ARP studs but after reading this I don't want to tear the motor down to have it line honed.

I believe mancini racing sells them.

look around, there's a bunch of guys that went 4" stroke and removed them. You can get them thru any MP dealer too.

so the litlle slots in the caps and in the block that the bearings hold on to, go on the same side?

-
Back