Installing New Carb and Intake?

-

toddlaine

Reaction score
I just aquired a Edelbrock 1405 600 cfm carb and purchased an Performer Intake. Is there anything special I need to do to get this up and running, first time doing this type of mod. The carb came off a running 69 Bronco. Any tips will help. Thanks.

There is a linkage adapter if you're using the stock style kickdown rod.

If its a 2 barrel car auto car you need to modify the kick down linkage. The throttle cable will work if you slide it further forward in the bracket. You will also want the adapter for mopars. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Edelb...le&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&CAWELAID=1268567115

There are cork gaskets that go at the ends of the intake, some people say to toss them and use a thick bead of rtv. I have done both and the cork does seem to weep a bit. Another thing is throw some sealer on the intake bolts, my first intake i did not know to do this and they weeped out slowly and oil pooled on the intake. And don't forget to tighten from the center out on the intake bolts. a manual never hurts to have around to check stuff either.

Also consider dropping a cam in it if its a stock camshaft. It will help wake it up a bit and go well with an intake.

Good luck!

I have that linkage adapter and I Have the 727 Kick Down Kit From BP that I had previously. Any tips on tuning, I hope it start up when installed. What type of cam would fit with this stock 318 and these new mods. I have 340 exhaust manifolds intalled. Thanks, all.

-
Back