Installing Remote Sport Mirror - 73 Duster

-

ivabiggn

Charlie
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am back again looking for guidance. I am in the process of installing original Sport Mirrors on my 1973 Duster. I have the door panel off and I can see several issues and thought I had better ask people that know, before inventing new swear words on my own.
First, to get to the inside nut that holds the mirror it looks pretty close. Will I have to remove the window to get up in there?
Second, When the window travels up and down it contacts the adjusting cable for the mirror. I have (2) clips that apparently are meant to move the cable out of the way. One clip is plastic (designed to snap into a hole - somewhere) the other is a folded spring steel that would clip on to sheet metal. The problem is that I am not sure where these should go for best results. Can you give me any help?

It's been along time since I installed a remote mirror, butr if i remember right. The plastic clip goes in a hole in the door stiffner and the spring metal clip loops under the window track and clips on the back side of the front window track. If installed correctly it will make a around and in front of the window support. It's been 40 years since installed on of thess,bear with me for the loss of memory. killer638

-
Back