Instructions...English wheel

-

Small Block

Reaction score
If i were to get one having never used one, what recomendations could you guys give me and Vic on how to learn to use it. May also come onto a planishing hammer also but will need tips on how to make the most of em. What say you gurus?

I`m sure if you buy a new one it will come with instructions. do a web search. there are probably good books on both units. but just like any tool that requires skill you`ll need to practice on scrap first, just like welding. Two tools I`ve been wanting for years, but damn their pricey aint they. If a man could just find the wheels I could fabricate the rest.

Search youtube for "english wheel" there is a 3 part video of an old guy making a ford fender the is realy good. there are also other videos that are very helpful. My buddy got the cheap harbor freight wheel and we had fun playing with it.

Rob: Thanks for the site reference. I signed up but as hell would have it my email is down so i can't get any log in info till it comes up. Did some reading on welding up a seam and very informative i might say. This is going to be a very helpful site so thank you Rob.
Hey Scamp: Did you and your buddy ever get to make anything with his wheel? Check out that site that Rob mentioned.

Grab some scrap and go to town getting a feel for it!! One thing to be sure of is dont get over confident and get going too fast or you'll roll part of your hand right into it.

Rob: Thanks for the site reference. I signed up but as hell would have it my email is down so i can't get any log in info till it comes up. Did some reading on welding up a seam and very informative i might say. This is going to be a very helpful site so thank you Rob.
Hey Scamp: Did you and your buddy ever get to make anything with his wheel? Check out that site that Rob mentioned.

Glad you liked it, they have a wheeling forum in there as well so that should be helpfull. There's a LOT of information and people that know more than you could ever dream of. Anything by John Kelly is a must read, that guy is the guru's guru :-D

-
Back