Instrument Cluster Socket?

-

Aaron65

Reaction score
I feel like I'm asking a ton of questions about my Dart, but I have another one. I'm missing one of the instrument panel bulb sockets that twists into the cluster and connects to the printed circuit. Any idea on a part number for one of these, or where I could find one? My dad found a similar one at the Chrysler dealer (free!), but it's too small. It's a '65 Dart...

The earlier panels used a different socket and bulb from what most of us a familiar with.
Good news is the later bulbs and sockets fits the same hole.
NAPA part number for the later type socket is 787140
and bulb is Sylvania #2825

It just bugs me that there are so many BA9 (the old style) bulbs and LEDs, but I can't seem to find sockets for them. I know I could surrender and just convert to the 787140 socket and buy the later style bulbs, but I'd rather not! (I'd rather piss and ***** and whine - not that it does anyone any good!)

I've got used sockets available. How long they would last is any ones guess.

At the moment, Red, I could use 4 of the BA9 sockets. They do get brittle, and if there are no more in the supply chain or currently (even recently made, that alone might be reason to switch to the 787140s. If those are more recently built, anyway. Not like they have a date code or anything. It's looking to me like 3-D scanning and printing are coming on line just in time.

BC

-
Back