insurance for drag car with roll cage? Ont

-

'70DartSwinger

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone on here could point me in the right direction.

Trying to get insurance on a car, its set up for drag racing and that is what i would do with it for the time being.

So far all the companies i have called say they have a no roll cage policy.

Does anyone know a company that will accept this?

i live in Ontario Canada

Thank you

Interesting. I dont recall that ever being an issue when using collector car insurance such as hagertys. might want to look at one them?

There are insurance companies that insure race cars.A friend insured his X-Pro Stock Neon and he did crash it(about 10 years ago).Sorry I can't get hold of him to find out who insured it.I'll see if he responds soon.

I'm pretty sure you won't find anyone that will insure you. I've heard they will honor existing policies but not take on any new one. Race car insurance won't cover you on the street obviously.

My valiant is insured by AMIG it has a six point cage, though they didn't ask about that. It is licensed for street use.

There is a company in Alberta that I know insures race cars on track. I can't remember there name. Google is your friend.

Ps. They insurance country wide

So if a car has a cage then its automatically considered a race car?

I will be going through the same thing in a few months when I finish and drive my nissan 180sx (I know not a mopar lol) I was thinking of putting in a cage for track days.

I'm not a big fan of our government run insurance here in bc but we don't get penalized for having a roll bar or cage.

I called a lot of companies. They all had big promises until the actual writer found out I raced the car. Understood no insurance at track.

Finally called Heacock in FL. Couldn't be happier.

Not sure about Canada but here goes: Underwriter, AO Underwriters Auburn Hills MI 248-239-6100

Agent, Burns & Wilcox 2650 Camino Del Rio #308 San Diego CA

Great American Race Car Insurance Agent Bill Horton

In the states** I drove my 74 scamp to the inc. man for the photos, 6 pt , no back seat , all alum. int. panels, kill switch, fuel cell, He just smiled and said he didnt want to know, handed me my policy. American Family... no fuss no muss

I live in Toronto Ontario, regular insurance companies will not insure historical, classic or modified cars. My broker is Lant insurance which is affiliated with Hagerty, one of the requirements with my insurance was an appraisal of the vehicle in order for them to determine what premium to charge based on the vehicles worth. From the appraisal they will also verify if the car falls in one of two categories, classic or modified. My 68 Cuda fell under the classic car section even though I have internal modifications to engine, tranny and diff, because I did not alter anything externally on the car from how it would have originally looked.
Obviously keep in mind, if your car is running no exhaust or has slicks and so on, then no one will insure your car with a ten foot pole. The car has to have a safety slip accompanying the appraisal, in other words it has to have the legal requirements that all vehicles need in order to operate on the street.
Unless your just looking for insurance for when the car is at the drag strip / race track then there is only one company in all Ontario that provides that type of coverage and I can't remember their name, it costs $400.00 for three days at the track.

park it in the garage and notify the home insurance it is in there so they can add it to your homeowners insurance

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I've tried to get insurance on my car and no one I've tried said two words about the roll cage. When they got the requisite engine pic and saw the nitrous solenoids.....the deal was off. Hagerty told me they won't insure anything supercharged, nitrous injected or burning alcohol. Does that include e-85 (which I'm running) I wonder? Anyway, sorry to the op for the jack! I'm gonna look into some of the suggestions above.

my street/strip duster has a rollbar. the first company asked for pictures-rollbar = no go, I said it makes it safer, I am not removing it, Jeeps have rollbars. I now have philadelphia indemnity insurance company collector vehicle coverage thru grundy worldwide

-
Back