Intake leak question

-

BigBlockMopar28

Reaction score
87 318 from a w150, carb'd if it makes a difference. Have an oil leak from the back of the intake from what i can tell, it drips onto the bellhousing and passenger side of the block. only leaks when running, drips a couple of times right after shut off but that is it. I have a metal intake gasket, was doing some thread searching and came across one talking about an intake plenum gasket. Granted, that guy had a '92 magnum 318, just wondering if mine would have that aswell. TIA

** should have said this earlier but my plan was to go 4bbl with the factory alum 340 intake i have, just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing a gasket before i tear into it lol

Last edited:
could be the oil pressure switch at the back of the block....behind the distributor. Check this out, sometimes there is some crappy connection to some pressure gauge.

Michael

I have also experience leakage from the distributor shaft. Ck for the correct/fresh O ring on the housing shaft. Also if I remember correctly, some had a fiber/paper gasket under the distributor hold down collar.

No plenum gasket to worry about on your LA style 318. The plenum gasket on magnum engines causes an internal vacuum leak underneath the intake manifold the sucks in oil, so no visible leaks from that anyway.

Oil pressure pickup is leaking too, along with intake. As far as distributor, it was new when i got it, and doesnt show any signs of leaking. Hoping to get this thing fixed later today

Oil pressure pickup is leaking too, along with intake. As far as distributor, it was new when i got it, and doesnt show any signs of leaking. Hoping to get this thing fixed later today

-
Back