Intake Manifold Gasket Recommendations

-

340inabbody

Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations on a set of intake manifold gaskets for my 340? I don’t do this enough to know what works better than what…

What intake, iron or aluminium?
Ported or stock?

2 or 4 or 6 or 8 barrel, high rise, mid or low. Dont know that it matters but it does make the conversation a bit spicer!

Last edited:
Regardless of brand, many people leave out the front & rear end gaskets and just use silicone. Some end gaskets squeeze out and others are too thick or hard and don't let the intake sit low enough. Make sure the intake lines up properly with the side gaskets in place. Depending on any other machining, you may need to mill the intake a bit. You don't want to elongate the manifold bolt holes.

What intake, iron or aluminium?
Ported or stock?

2 or 4 or 6 or 8 barrel, high rise, mid or low. Dont know that it matters but it does make the conversation a bit spicer!
Iron stock heads … .. . Duel plane aluminum with a 4 barrel.

I just bought a set of victor reinz 360 style ones (not the stamped tin 318-2bbl style ones) yesterday. Rock auto has them in their "clearance" section I think they're like $8.something a set.
Used to use alot more victor than fel pro mostly because that's what my old go to parts store carried. Look up some 70s Mopar, I happened to be looking up stuff for my 78 fury 318 and they came up there.
Look at "clearance only" section, and look thru the clearance/wholesale section, you'll find em

SCE and Superformance both make good gaskets. I agree with what others said about no gaskets on the china walls.

-
Back