Intake Manifold Leaking

-

matthon

Reaction score
I have the Weiand high rise manifold pictured below and it is nearly impossible to get the inner 4 bolts tight. I have tried adding different washers, different number of washers, using allen head bolts, different wrenches, u-joint sockets, etc- and nothing works. There is also a limit to the length of bolt that you can get in there, so adding a bunch of washers to bring the head up higher is a no go.

As the bolts get farther in there is no room to get a wrench on them, or an allen socket or wrench, or a regular socket.

The oil is leaking into the heads and fouling the plugs.

I am using the right gaskets, the same ones I used with another intake without issue. There is just no way that I can see to get these bolts tight.

I imagine others have this intake, or a similar high rise, so there must be a solution, or does everyone just stay away from these intakes?

Attachments

• DSC03501.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 82
I currently have one on my 383 in my Charger. Yes it is a pain in the a..butt

I didnt use gaskets, I used red rtv on both between the block/heads and valley pan and between the valleypan and intake. I tightened the bolts as best as I could... bit by bit by bit with the wrench open end. God I hated that!

I'll be removing this intake for an M1 Dual plane in the Spring as I changed my plans for the car

-
Back