interior part ID question

-

Bunker45

Reaction score
Have a 70 dart. Inside the doors on the floor, inside of the sill plate is an angled piece of sheet metal. This metal is very thin. I am assuming it creates the angle for the carpet as it lays up against the inside of the bottom door jam and allows a "run" for the wiring to the rear of the car.

Does this part have a specific "name" and are they remanufactured? It would be easy to make them, just curious. One of mine is really bad shape.

Thanks
Chuck

I believe that piece of metal is the pinch weld of the rocker panel and floor. The factory pinched them together and did some spot welds on it.

Riddler

Have a 70 dart. Inside the doors on the floor, inside of the sill plate is an angled piece of sheet metal. This metal is very thin. I am assuming it creates the angle for the carpet as it lays up against the inside of the bottom door jam and allows a "run" for the wiring to the rear of the car.

Does this part have a specific "name" and are they remanufactured? It would be easy to make them, just curious. One of mine is really bad shape.

Thanks
Chuck

AMD makes them and calls them floor wiring covers.

their part #442-2067-S (4 piece set)

-
Back