Interior question (pics)

-
I think the carpeted side panels came with the Deluxe interior option. So if your door panels had wood grain on them you would have the carpet on the side panels. I have had 3 Fastback Barracudas. 2, 67 and 1, 69 none had the extra carpeting and none had wood grain on the door panels.

I checked the plywood edges for screw holes this morning where the trim would be mounted. No holes so I don't think there was ever any trim from the start.

Sorry, but I'm still convinced your car should have the cargo area carpeted. Looking at the carpeted seat back makes me lean that way. It makes no sense to me to have the seatback carpeted & not the rest of the cargo area. Previous owners may have replaced that plywood, cleaned the cargo area, and never finished the job. I hope you find out for sure.

You could be correct there Adam. My 68 had the woodgrain w/map pockets and had the carpeting, and the other was a 67 which had woodgrain (almost a burl grain) on the door panels. All the others didn't, and they had the more basic interior door panels.

Further to the plywood divider, I dont recall there being screws along the bottom edge on the inside. I'll take a look tonight and confirm.

Grant

Sorry, but I'm still convinced your car should have the cargo area carpeted. Looking at the carpeted seat back makes me lean that way. It makes no sense to me to have the seatback carpeted & not the rest of the cargo area. Previous owners may have replaced that plywood, cleaned the cargo area, and never finished the job. I hope you find out for sure.

I will never find out more than likely but I am going to carpet the cargo area floor and the trunk divider.

There is a fellow checking on some original trim pieces that goes around the trunk divider for me. He suppose to get back with me soon.

Keep your fingers crossed! LOL.

Woody,

Here's pics from an original trunkdivider that was on my 68. Please don't mind the speaker holes, I cut those in back in the 80's :).

1 - The plywood divider is 1/2" thick
2 - The bolts used to hold the hinge on the bottom are 1/2" long with a 3/4" OD washer
3 - The striker is held in with flat-tipped 1/2" Phillips screws.
4 - Both the striker and the hinge use the same pictured retainers as shown in the picture- the retainer appears to be countersunk into the plywood with a drill as opposed to being hammered in
5 - The trunkside is painted in what appears to be a flat black enamel, and the interior side is carpet tack glued directly to the plywood
6 - The 4 trim pieces are simple L channels with the trim side facing the inside.

Hope this helps

Grant

IMG_5983.JPG

IMG_5984.JPG

IMG_5985.JPG

IMG_5986.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

Woody,

Here's pics from an original trunkdivider that was on my 68. Please don't mind the speaker holes, I cut those in back in the 80's :).

2 - The bolts used to hold the hinge on the bottom are 1/2" long with a 3/4" OD washer
4 - Both the striker and the hinge use the same pictured retainers as shown in the picture- the retainer appears to be countersunk into the plywood with a drill as opposed to being hammered in
5 - The trunkside is painted in what appears to be a flat black enamel, and the interior side is carpet tack glued directly to the plywood
6 - The 4 trim pieces are simple L channels with the trim side facing the inside.

Hope this helps

Grant

Thanks so much, that will be a big help to others! My car is in the shop, so I was trying to go by memory (which seems lacking.lol.) Very nice explanation with pictures.

my car was originally standard interior. adam is right that the sides do not get carpeted on standard interiors, only deluxe for 67,68. the seat back, cargo floor, and back hatch panel DO get carpet. this is from sales literature in "barracuda, a book of information". 69's you had to order the rear folding seat and rear utility are carpet with the interior decor group.

Woody,

Hope this helps

Grant

Thanks a bunch!

-
Back