Interior Trim Removal Question

-

Robj

Reaction score
I'm needing to replace my headliner and need some help getting a piece of trim removed. (See black arrow below)

fbIMG_9821.jpg

It has one screw in the front by the A pillar. I was able to unclip it from a couple clips on the inside edge but it looks like the outside edge runs under the weatherstripping and attached chrome strip in the top, side glass channel.

Does this weather stripping (red arrow) in the photo below have to be removed to remove the painted trim piece pointed out in the first photo? If so, does it have push in clips?

fbIMG_9823a.jpg

Thanks everyone. I'm trying to explain this as clear as I can. Any help is super appreciated. So far every single piece of trim I've removed from this Dart has had a different type of clip or fastener. They like to keep some of us guessing.

Love this site!

Sorry about the bottom photo. Everything I've done to rotate it and it keeps posting on it's side. The left is the bottom as you can probably tell. That's a sideways view of a Dodge truck hood in the background. I can see everyone at once turning their head to the side to view this. Just pretend you're eating a taco!

The roof rail molding just snaps on. It has metal clips that snap onto the pinchweld. Just pull it carefully starting at the front working to the rear after you remove the front screw.

So the clips clip to the trim piece and then onto the pinchweld? OK I think it may have come partially off two of the clips then. The side glass weather stripping does not need to come off?

-
Back