iPhone Question

-

de69cuda

Reaction score
I was wondering what you are using to protect your iPhones? I've looked at some that have batteries integrated into them like a mophie, but those usually cover up the bottom of the iPhone so you can't put it on a dock to play your MP3's or charge it. So I'm curious, what are you using?

all I have on my iphone is a back skin to protect from scratching the back glass other then that, nothing... any case. cover looks and feels weird to me...

www.skinit.com

I have an Otter Box on mine, but it's still a 3GS phone. I've dropped it more times than I can count and it's still going good. The only downside is it can't be used on a dock without taking it off. Cables plug in fine though.

I have an Otter on my 4S. Soft door over the interface, works well with my stereo and my computer. I never take it off.

I have an otter box on my iphone4 it is a love hate relationship. Its big and adds weight to the phone but It has saved me a lot of times. I take it apart and clean it about once a week too.

My boss has the mophie and loves it but he has gone through 4 of them in a couple months. All warranty replacements, he is hard on them but going through that many seems bad to me.

I've had 2 iPhones and both have had otter boxes
...definitely worth the money the otter box defender is the most durable

I've used iSkin Solo cases on all of my iPhones (3 now). They're thin, so they don't make the phone too bulky, but they add more than enough protection to keep the phone safe from reasonable drops (like arm height onto the floor, not down 3 flights of concrete steps). The cases hold up pretty well too, I had my 3GS for over 2 years, same case the entire time, and the case and the phone look just like the day I got them.

I also put a screen protector on them to keep the screen from getting scratched up, that usually needs to be changed every 6 months to a year. Not bad considering I just about always have my phone in my pocket, even out in the shop, or splitting wood, or even in my uniform pocket under my turnouts on fires, vehicle accidents etc at work.

If you use an otter box, it has a screen for itself. That said I did put a protector over my iPhone screen then the otter box.

Check out the leather cases by Tuff-Luv. I like mine and it's held up great. Add a gel screen protector and it's darn near bullet proof.

otter box also. You can get them for a good price on Amazon. Good thing is the lifetime warranty on them. I have broken two otter boxes but never damaged the phone. A simple email and they replace them for free. You can also pick up a small adapter to plug in to your dock so it sticks up high enough to plug in the Iphone without removing the otterbox.

Otterbox. Literally watched my friend through it off his roof (second story) onto the paved road and it didn't break. Sold me right then and there.

otterbox all the way and i beet the crap out of my phone! yes it is heaver and bigger but good with the bad

My wife uses the LifeProof iPhone case. It meets or exceeds IEL 60529 which is the standard for Ingress Protection from water and dust for enclosures. Under this specification, it has a rating of IP-68. The "6" means that it is waterproof to 6.6ft for 30 minutes, and the "8" means that it will resist penetration of particulate matter as fine as circulating talcum powder for 8 hours with no ingress. It also meets or exceeds MIL STD 810F-516, which is the section of the standard specific to functional drop. Functional drop meaning relatively infrequent, non-repetitive drops typical of usual handling, transportation, and service environments.

I'm using a Magpul case. Pretty strong case and its slim and fits in the pocket nice. Also will work with sound dock.

I had the otterbox defender but didn't like it. It was just too bulky for me..

I have the otterbox commuter now and really like it.. Still think it will interfere with a dock though...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-Commuter-Hybrid-Case-iPhone/dp/B005SWX65G/ref=sr_1_21?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1352458781&sr=1-21&keywords=iphone+4+otterbox"]Amazon.com: Otterbox Commuter Series Hybrid Case for iPhone 4 & 4S - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

-
Back