Iron 2G HEMI blocks...

-
Hell if I can find one.

Hell if I can find one.
I know for a while that Muscle Motors had them on their site but don't see them...
I know that Keith Black was recently purchased by For Hemis Only...but from what I understand blocks are unavailable...never mind the $$ end of an aluminum block...

I know a guy who's friend's brother once met a guy that said his second cousin had a room mate who's father has a whole warehouse full of 426 Hemis in crates and is selling them for $500....

But when you ask, they will never give you a phone number so you can buy one....

I know a guy who's friend's brother once met a guy that said his second cousin had a room mate who's father has a whole warehouse full of 426 Hemis in crates and is selling them for $500....

But when you ask, they will never give you a phone number so you can buy one....
That's funny and mostly true, but an old buddy of mine, TF Patty, bought a crap load of semi finished and raw cast hemi heads that Ma Mopar abandoned in some machine shop, when they dropped production of the Hemi. He bought the whole cache and had them finish machined, and sold them off.

Emailed a few shops today, one of them being FHO. Tim apparently purchased Keith Black Racing...according to his site... His response...
"Hi Doug, the supply of iron blocks dried up some time ago. Any that my customers do find, seem to be seconds, as they have defects everywhere. Yes, we have KB up and running, and blocks are available again. We are now building everything in the shop with them. Tim@FHO"

This made me laugh...and made me think of HEMI John. Rumor was he worked in the parts department of the Chrysler dealer on 46 in Parsippany. Heard all kinds of rumors about him. Ends up my Dad knew him from putting gutters on his place. The rumors ended up being true. Damn near anything that showed up at the dealer, HEMI related, ended up in his truck. Customer would order something and he would take it when it showed up. The dealer would then order a replacement. Had all kinds of stuff in his garage when I met him. Dozen or so still in the crate motors, factory headers...all sorts of stuff.
Guy I used to work with claimed to have an original Thunderbolt. I questioned him, he had me meet him at his place. Sure enough enough, he not only had a T-bolt but he also had a 66 GT350. Bastard also had 4 complete 427 SOHC sitting in shipping crates. He was retiring from the USPS and getting ready to move back to the family farm in Nebraska or someplace...

Just got this from Chicago Connection...

"Doug! Chrysler is no longer going to make the blocks! i am in the process of making them, Monday i will meet with a pattern maker and have a answer Tuesday please call and i will have a better idea when they will be available. Thanks Bill"

-
Back