Iron B/RB Race Block Availability

-

cole3986

Reaction score
Looking to build a RB stroker 512+ engine (close to 600" if I had the right block) for the street car that makes more than 775 HP. Besides the aluminum blocks by World, KB and Indy are there any iron blocks being made? I have a 68 440 block that I do not want to use because it appears that is not going to last long before the cylinder wall cracks (after using block sealer and main girdle). Am I missing something?

I have been out of the scene for 17 years and there seems to be everything available except a strong iron block. I do not want to use an aluminum block on the street. I have enough headaches. Yes, my 68 cuda has not been out of the garage for 17 years ( I cannot believe it either).

This site is great and I have learned a lot in the last 7 weeks. Any help suggestions regarding the block is appreciated.

my buddy has a world iron block tall block not low deck new still wrapped as it came from barton ..pm if you like to get his number

From what I read there has been a crap load of troubles with the World iron block....pretty sure they have not been making them for a while, last I looked at their site only had aluminum listed.

-
Back