IRS Scam!!!

-

A38Valiant

Collector Of Rust
Reaction score
Got home last evening to find a message on my answering machine. One of those recorded voices, saying I owed back taxes and to call the IRS at (206)201-2803. (NOTE TO MODS: This is the actual number they gave me, BUT not a valid IRS phone number. Remove if necessary.)

So, my wife calls them, and some foreign dude answers "IRS"--- red flag here, as he did not say "Internal Revenue Service" or give an agent name.

He asked what number she was calling from. My wife gave him our home number, and he proceeded to tell my wife that they have reviewed our 2010 to 2013 taxes and they were not done properly. --- another red flag, because I believe the actual IRS would audit 5 years, not 4.

Then he asks if we did them ourselves or had a preparer do them. --- red flag, because I think the IRS would see the "paid preparer sign here" line on the returns

Then he tells my wife they were not done correctly, and we owe $1862. My wife says "I don't think so!" to which he asked if there was a reason we are trying to "defraud the IRS out of tax money"

He told her that they have tried to contact us multiple times, and that they have had agents at our house but that we are never home. My wife asked him what address the agents were coming to, and (surprise surprise) he told her he did not have that information. Then he demanded that she make payment immediately or the matter would be "handed over to the courts" and asked her for a credit card number.

My wife told him to "eat s__t and die! You ain't gettin' no money from us!" to which he again threatened to "hand it over to thee courts". My wife told him to "Bring it on, f__ker!" and hung up the phone. Damn right, I'm proud of her.

We then got on the IRS website, searched "scams", and learned that this has been going on for awhile, and that the scammers have cheated over 1,000 people to the tune of over 5 million dollars.

Sorry for being so long winded here. Just wanted everybody to know DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!!!

In my experience with the IRS in as a preparer, they will not call you.

They send out a a letter with any areas of your return they wish to examine. Any in depth, face to face examinations will be done in a local office.

Good on your wife to sniff this scam out.

They send out a a letter with any areas of your return they wish to examine. Any in depth, face to face examinations will be done in a local office.

I forgot to mention that part. She asked why we never received anything in the mail, to which he told her the IRS doesn't do that anymore. That was a major tipoff, as the wife and I both work for the postal service and see letters and certified letters from the IRS on a regular basis.

This is true...Few years back the fellow that prepares ours made a mistake. Initial contact by the IRS was by mail.

Yep got that prerecorded computerized voice a couple days ago, saying The IRS has filed a lawsuit against me.
That`s about far as I listened before I cussed the phone out and hung up:D

I got that call a couple of years ago , Bizarre thing about my case was the preparer had made a mistake on my previous years taxes but the guy calling had the wrong amount owed , the prep company had a guarantee for any mistakes on their part and had to pay the penalties so I told him to call them and ask for money then laughed at him and hung up when he asked for their name .

I know someone that works for the IRS and they got this same call from one of them scammers. That was a very fun phone call to hear about.. The person on the other end hung up because they knew they were busted.

Yep got that prerecorded computerized voice a couple days ago, saying The IRS has filed a lawsuit against me.

Just got this one today. Maybe posting this will help others.

Came from 261-928-0000. Searched, found ...
"The 261 area code appears to be a invalid, it may be "spoofed".

Phone calls originating from within the 261 area code often turn out to be a telemarketer, a telephone survey or bill collector trying to disguise their real phone number
."

Message the machine left said to call another number 360-663-4438. Searched, found......
http://callhunter.com/numbers/3606634438

How much you wanna bet the idiot's perpetrating this scam come from a continent where they look like this!

Attachments

• monkeys.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 233
The NSA and DHS and FBI spy on everything we call, type and say, but they dont know who has the phone number listed here that is defrauding the IRS?

I received one of those fake IRS phone calls and they left a message on my machine. I simply called them back in a panicked voice and told them that I had my credit card in hand and ready to pay the full amount. Left the call back number for the local police dept.

Your wife should have faked a heart attack, let her drop the phone, and then you pick it up and start screaming hysterically that they were killing your wife.

Give the jerks something to think about.

-
Back