Is AMD now making A Body fenders?

-

swinger340

Reaction score
See in Mopar Muscle mag what looked like new fenders on a 69 dart resto. I knew they were making the full quarters, floor pans, trunk pans, and bulge hoods, but i have not seen the fenders anywhere for sale yet.

I don't see them on their website. They sure do have a lot of sheet metal parts.

When i went to carlisle recently, they had a sign that said they had fenders "coming soon". Damn near peed myself i was so excited! They really need to make the top part of the inner fender as that rots with the fender.

Mopar Muscle mag has some pics of a 69 dart resto on line and they deff. look like new fenders to me. Along with the trunk, floors, rear valance, and hood. car almost looks like that roadrunner they had in carlisle w/ all the amd metal, but its a 69 dart. Im thinking they must be coming real soon. They would have been nice 5 years ago when I looked for 2 years for a rust free pair of 68 dart fenders.

I've heard from a local AMD dealer that repo 69 barracuda fenders were coming out, he also said full quarters for 2nd gen barracudas were in the works. Talking to the guys at AMD they said the full quarters were a ways off, no timeframe on the fenders, however, the new Challenger fenders have some issues from what I've seen. At least AMD is trying though.

I've heard from a local AMD dealer that repo 69 barracuda fenders were coming out, he also said full quarters for 2nd gen barracudas were in the works. Talking to the guys at AMD they said the full quarters were a ways off, no timeframe on the fenders, however, the new Challenger fenders have some issues from what I've seen. At least AMD is trying though.
Fenders are a yes, but I have no clue when. I saw a setof '69 Cuda fenders in their warehouse they are gonna use to make the dyes about a year ago

402960_10150586342132792_29920917791_10758021_2088422246_n.jpg

Mopar Muscle Magazine
Now we're gettin' somewhere. The very first pair of AMD fenders for a 69 Dart, and they fit pretty nice. Now for the hood

http://www.facebook.com/moparmusclemag

Go to amd website and click on coming soon. They show a 68, 69, and 70 fender. And full quarters for 2nd gen cuda on a car too.

Curtis

all there other fenders took 3 to 5 years from start to finish. not going to be cheap.

I called AMD a few months ago and as chance would have it the owner himself answered the phone. We talked for about 20 minutes and he told me that they are planning a full line of body panels etc. for the A body cars. What takes the time is they have to tool up, and a lot of times they actually buy the dies from the original manufacturer which is a lengthy and expensive process, not to mention the licensing issues. He did say they plan on producing as many of the panels as humanly possible.

He was a little nervous about doing the A body stuff, as he wasn't sure about the market, and I told him that there are ton's of people into restoring the old A bodies.

The market is way better than most would think for a bodies. When people are looking for retirement funding prices for fenders in fair shape, why wouldn't you just buy new instead?

It's like in '07 when I got my Charger. People were wanting $700 or $800 a piece for fenders. AMD fenders are cheaper and NEW. AMD put a stop to that BS!

The market is way better than most would think for a bodies. When people are looking for retirement funding prices for fenders in fair shape, why wouldn't you just buy new instead?

It's like in '07 when I got my Charger. People were wanting $700 or $800 a piece for fenders. AMD fenders are cheaper and NEW. AMD put a stop to that BS!
Same idea w the 68-69 dart bulge hoods. I remember when people were getting $800 for a descent used hood. Now you an just buy a new one for alot cheaper so the used prices are dropping.

i would do anything for a 69 cuda fender, i cant even find fiberglass ones. its neary impossible to find a passenger side fender for a 69 cuda. Oh yea by the way i need a passenger fender. Anybody know about trunk floor extensions for the cudas?

why anyone would not reproduce the 67-69 cuda fender is beyond me..They are highly sought after..somebody has that die somewhere and wont give it up..maybe we should post an ad in the "wanted" section for the die.../ lol

You guys got it made with Darts, Cudas, Dusters, & Demons. They don't make **** for any exterior body panels for the '67-'69 Valiants. It's impossible to find a quarter for one :(

I knew this would happen...By the time I get my car finished they come out with all the good parts for it...:sad2:

-
Back