Is curious yellow back?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
On my way home from work tonight seen a new dart on the highway and it looked like curious yellow, checked the 2014 & 2015 available colors and didn't see it, but it sure looked real close to the yellow on my 71 Cuda

View attachment image.jpg

Actually I liked the color on the new Dart

I really didn't care much for it then but like it now, my Ex, wife when I bought it told me she that the color was YUCK when I brought it home, ..... LOL

Your 71 Cuda looks like Top Banana Y1 to me ??

What a beautiful car :thumbup:

Yep, Top Banana is the Dodge name...I can't remember the Plymouth name for Y1 :)

Ha ha @ "monkey food on wheels" LOL

"Lemon Twist" is the Y1 paint code for Plymouth starting in 72, Y1 wasn't available for Plymouth in 71.

No just the lighting and poor picture that got scanned in. That picture was taken in probably 1985 and probably a Polaroid instamatic camera. It really looked like someone pee'd in the yellow paint before it was painted and had green tint to it.

The Dart I seen had the same green tint to a yellow car.

It actually looked good on the Dart, some of the old hi impact colors do not look right on modern cars, just like they don't look good on older cars. My dad had the white 64 Polara painted Vitamin C orange in the early 70s and it looked like a taxi cab, was much better looking white.

The Y2 "Yellow" on my '69 Dart has a green tint to it too. And that was pre- Hi Impact colors.

the pics may vary a bit on the screen but I have a factory Y1 72 swinger here and the new paint was matched to what was under the deck lid .....doesn't seem banana-ee enough but the paint store swears up and down that is as close as we can get to original

Attachments

• 20141117_185250.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 20141117_185619.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 144
  • CIMG4560.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 142
-
Back