Is it or isnt it

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
I need to know if this is a 6cyl electronic ign. distributor. It may sound like im a idiot but i dont know. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 005.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 244
  • 006.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 261
It's a points dist- but the way ALL of us gained our knowledge is by asking questions. Some of us need to remember from time to time that wee started out too, way back when.

if you spin the shaft the rotor is on
you will see the points move as they open and close
the round thing that looks like a battery with a wire coming out of the middle of the top is a condenser

Huh, so that's what a points distributor looks like! What's that silver cylindrical thingy by the rotor?

Good morning Nite Moves :coffee2: Here is what an electronic set up looks like , I had a picture of the one I took off of Victoria (my 66 Valiant sedan)
Stuck by lightning and not the best angle but you can see the magnetic pick up (tall thing standing up) and the 6 point thing in the middle looks different
Hope this helps a bit :coffee2:

Attachments

• Father's%20day%202011%20075.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 141
Good morning Nite Moves :coffee2: Here is what an electronic set up looks like , I had a picture of the one I took off of Victoria (my 66 Valiant sedan)
Stuck by lightning and not the best angle but you can see the magnetic pick up (tall thing standing up) and the 6 point thing in the middle looks different
Hope this helps a bit :coffee2:

you beat me t it mike... i was gonna say its a little shorty the slant dizzy is...

-
Back