Is something missing off my 65 gas pedal?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I'm now replacing the carpet in my 65 Valiant. I removed the gas pedal from the floorboard today. I unhooked the rod going to the accelerator shaft and it looks like something should be missing off the gas pedal. In the pedal itself where the rod connects to the back of the rubber pedal, the rod goes in, but it looks like there should be a bushing of some sort. I just have it hanging there with a cotter pin to keep it from coming out. Is there suppose to be a bushing there?

I believe it is the same as my 66 /6 pedal, here is a picture

Attachments

• FOR%20SALE%20FABO%20030.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 222
My 65 doesnt have that at all. All i have is the pedal and a rod thats "spooned" that allows the pedal the slide on it. Looks like a home made job to me. My 64 barracuda was the same as my 65 valiant.

My 65 doesnt have that at all. All i have is the pedal and a rod thats "spooned" that allows the pedal the slide on it. Looks like a home made job to me. My 64 barracuda was the same as my 65 valiant.

Yours must be the v-8 pedal set up..What engine do you have?

the v8 pedal does have a spoon and cable linkage, not mechanical like the /6

I thought it was a /6 :eek:ops: I wake up in a new world every day :sign3:

Yeah, they were both V8, I had no idea there were different setups for V8 vs. /6. Learn something new everyday. Cool.

I thought it was a /6 :eek:ops: I wake up in a new world ebery day :sign3:

You are right I think, from some of the OP's previous threads, he has a /6.
I threw my .02 cents in and screwd up the change.... my fault.

The V8 and Slant 6 a/c cars had the cable instead of the twist rod... I thought that was pretty cool too.

Question: Is something missing off my 65 gas pedal?

Answer: Yes, your food holding it to the floor.... :burnout:

Yeah mine is a Slant Six car so it has the rod type throttle. I've been meaning to post a picture of the part of the pedal I'm questioning but I'm having trouble with the pics showing up at night when I get home and have time. I finally have some off time this weekend and will finally get a photo up because I need to get the carpet and interior back in and together.

I dont know if you are in need of it or not but I have all the linkage from a 64 dart 6 with no air push button & have converted to a 360 with 904 maybe your parts would work for me ???

-
Back