Is there a difference from a 72 to a 73 340

-

Ryan ekes

Reaction score
Bought some motor mounts for the 340 which is a 73 and they seem to be a sloppy fit checked the paperwork and it says up to a 72 motor. Does anyone know if the mounting tabs on the block are slightly wider on a 72 then a 73? It's about a quarter inch wide for the 73 dunno if that's a common thing or not but any info on the matter would be appreciated thanks.

all 340 have the same mounts on the motor.....K member changed from 72 to 73 so they take difference motor mounts......and you could have 318 motor mounts...the passenger side is the same...but the driver side is different on a 340 and 318.....

68 to 72 used the same mounts for the k member....73 and newer used a different mount for the newer k member...but the mounting points on the block are the same

My guess is that 70aarcuda nailed it...but is it a sloppy fit on both sides? I would guess that the passenger side shouldn't be a problem if you had 318 mounts.

IIRC some folks have temporarily stacked washers to allow the use of 318 mounts with 340/360 blocks. If you need to get the car moving, that might be an option but I sure wouldn't leave it that way.

-
Back