Is there a way to convert a 65 dart post to no post ??

-
I wouldn't be willing to bet on that statement.
Actually, on some cars I MUCH prefer posts. The main example is 55-57 Chevys. I think the post versions look far better than the hardtop versions. If I ever bought a 55-57 Chevy, it would be a post car for sure.

I thought a 2 dr post was preferred because the body is stiffer. Seems safer too. I saw a 69 Dart 2 dr hardtop that had been hit on the side and the driver's door collapsed inward on the driver. Not comforting as I drove my 69 hdtp.

The post models are more rigid. It is a personal preference of whether you like them more than the hardtop models.

I like the post models because they look more like grandma cars. Plus, the doors seal much better.

I think there is some difference in manufacturing(obviously) between a post and a hardtop. I Have heard that the post coupes are "more rigid" and better to make into drag cars. I do believe there is reinforcement on a hardtop that may not be in a post coupe. Does a post coupe have the cross bracing behind the back seat? also does a hardtop have more structural enforcement in the roof or A pillars? I would think to convert a post to hardtop, this structural reinforcement would have to be mimicked. You couldn't just cut the posts out for example, I think that would lead to problems. I would think the best way is to remove the post top and graft a hardtop from another car, as well as all reinforcements/ braces. Its alot of work though

I thought a 2 dr post was preferred because the body is stiffer. Seems safer too. I saw a 69 Dart 2 dr hardtop that had been hit on the side and the driver's door collapsed inward on the driver. Not comforting as I drove my 69 hdtp.
Funny you mention, I am working on reassembling my doors(on a hardtop) and a thought popped into my head, I thought "there isn't much side impact protection in these doors. It just wasnt thought of or mandated back in those days, but yeah I imagine a side impact would crumple these cars like a beer can.

-
Back