Is there any value to these old parts other than scrap value ???

-
Example: Last year after the swapmeet in April I took a crap load of good parts to the scrap yard and got $740.
Two weeks later I needed a mechanical fan ( I know I threw away at least three of them..) Had to go and give a parts guy twenty bucks for one... Until I spend the other $720 on parts I already had, I'm way ahead and no mess to worry about. I may have sold a couple parts and made a couple $100. But still $720 ahead and no mess...

Take everything to the scrap yard...
Take what you get and go live life...
Don't look back...
The only intelligent words to ever show up on this guy’s post…. But of course as always he will shoot himself in both feet with another high school meme.
And go…..

I'd be checking that rear end before crushing. Nothing like crushing a 2500.00 part to get that warm fuzzy feeling inside, before you throw up.

that 741 case center looks like a 3.55 or 3.91...I wouldn't scrap that.

I want to thank everybody for their opinions and suggestions. I understand that I shouldn't expect much value for this old stuff, I was just looking to hear if anybody had examples of what they have sold things for, such as older a body 3 speed standard transmissions, are they a dime a dozen ? is there any market for those or are there thousands of them out there and no buyers, this is just a small sampling of what was saved numerous small block and big block engines, even an old DeSoto hemi is in the mix. I am not getting any younger and I would like to liquidate while I still have the energy.

I want to thank everybody for their opinions and suggestions. I understand that I shouldn't expect much value for this old stuff, I was just looking to hear if anybody had examples of what they have sold things for, such as older a body 3 speed standard transmissions, are they a dime a dozen ? is there any market for those or are there thousands of them out there and no buyers, this is just a small sampling of what was saved numerous small block and big block engines, even an old DeSoto hemi is in the mix. I am not getting any younger and I would like to liquidate while I still have the energy.
I'm with ya there. Like it was said, most of it has value depending on how hard you want to work to sell the items. You will need to do a inventory, clean up, descriptions including any serial numbers or date codes, and do a lot of homework as to what the items are and what they fit. You will have to post them on many different sites to get the info to the right prospective buyers. SHipping will be a pain because of the size and weight. Yes, it would be nice if you could find someone to just buy it all lock stock and barrel. That may be like finding a needle in a hay stack though. Good luck!

I’d post a list with sell it quick prices and no shipping on anything other than stuff that fits in flat rate boxes…
Cheap but come get it.
Then when that’s done scrap the rest.

A friend passed away that owned a junk yard, mostly Mopars, lots of parts, engines, and specialty and collector items. They have had weekly sales, auctions and the like for over 3 years now trying to hook buyers up with what is left. They are getting close to scrapping what's left and none too soon. This process can go on for a long time. It's all about how hard you want to work and for how long for not many dollars. Scrap is up right now. You may be surprised how much you could get out of most of it. Cherry pick a few valuable items and scrap the rest.

Not too many want the A230 3 speed. I bought one for $75 to go in a 62 Lancer I wanted a floor shift trans. Top $ I figure. The ones that only work on the column shift I will give them away.

Try AACA(antique automobile club of America) . But you are going to have to catalog this stuff. You do seem to have a mix of years & makes. I personally think I see a 3 speed that would fit my 37 ram, not that I need one. But then shipping is going to be an issue, a lot of that would be better local pickup only. My opinion is I would want as much as possible to go to people that need it, even for free. But I hate for good iron to go to scrap.

My late father liked to save older Mopar and other makes engines, transmissions, rears, steering columns and other assorted parts. Does anyone have experience in selling this old stuff ? Is there a market for these old parts ? Or should I just haul them for scrap ? Flathead motors, 3 speed transmissions, etc. I would like to sell the entire lot if someone would have interest in buying it all. Not shown, but there are poly 318 heads. I guess if I have to have a price in the ad, I am asking 2000.00 for it all and I am open to offers on the lot.

View attachment 1716109139

View attachment 1716109140

View attachment 1716109141

View attachment 1716109142

View attachment 1716109143

View attachment 1716109144

View attachment 1716109145

View attachment 1716109146

View attachment 1716109147

View attachment 1716109148
ALOT of interesting stuff you have there. I'd love to look at it if you weren't so far away. Flathead cores are getting harder to find for rebuilding, as are the transmissions cuz people toss em when they upgrade. And it never hurts having spares if you like originality like I do.

PXL_20210814_134846195~2.jpg

-
Back