Is there broom handle stuck in my wheel

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
The dart started making some horrible noises yesterday. Drove it to work and put it up on the hoist during my lunch break. The few months old idler arm is toast. Right front lower ball joint (napa chassis 10 years old) is shot. Pitman arm has some play. Left front upper control arm (purchased from mancini racing 10 years ago) has a ton of play in the bushing. Glad I made it home safe. The family was with yesterday when the noise started. ufda

The ball joints and idler and pitman have a lifetime warranty. Only problem is the warehouses close by don't have them.

attachment.php

I'm thinking if I get the bushing fixed I'm going to weld gussets to strengthen the ball joints.

That or just ditch the control arms all together. Anyone know if these ball joints fit stock control arms?

Would rather not have this happen with kids in the car.

marksroadrunneraftertreecollisio-4.jpg

I reread your post twice, but there is nothing written about the picture with the broken upper control arm, but I would replace them entirely with a known high quality part.

The idler arms have know high wear issues until you replace the bushings with the tappered bearing kit.

Also, stay away from Moog ball joints. They are poor quality these days.

The broken control arm was from a different car with the same part. Found online.
marksroadrunneraftertreecollisio-6.jpg

-
Back