Is This Common For a Custom-Built Torque Converter???

-
I've got 2 TCI sfi-rated flex plates that I know are perfect fits and have even ran one of them in my car before the rebuild. One of them is brand new and identical to the old one and they both fit my other 2 converters. The other brand new flex plate is a PRW brand, also sfi-rated and it also fits my other 2 converters perfectly. I don't know how many times and different ways I can state that! NOTHING will bolt up to the new converter... it's just different, and wrong. - regardless of any weights that are welded to it for balancing purposes.

@toolmanmike, I won't be seeing my new converter from PTC for a couple weeks. They had some deaths in the family and are running behind.

I've got 2 TCI sfi-rated flex plates that I know are perfect fits and have even ran one of them in my car before the rebuild. One of them is brand new and identical to the old one and they both fit my other 2 converters. The other brand new flex plate is a PRW brand, also sfi-rated and it also fits my other 2 converters perfectly. I don't know how many times and different ways I can state that! NOTHING will bolt up to the new converter... it's just different, and wrong. - regardless of any weights that are welded to it for balancing purposes.

@toolmanmike, I won't be seeing my new converter from PTC for a couple weeks. They had some deaths in the family and are running behind.
Please re read my previous post. I have agreed that the total of two brands that you have do not fit your new converter.
What I am trying to say is the manufacturer does not weld the mount tabs on just any old place. The converter was designed to bolt up to something the proper way, just not the two brands that you currently have. Ask them what they know to fit properly. A flex plate is cheaper than a converter. You have two identical plates from tci and 1 from prw. That's only two brands.
You have not stated if those 2 brands use the Mopar bolt pattern, only that they worked for what you previously had.
I am only trying to help and maybe we can all learn something from this. Perhaps they accidentally put a chev pattern on it for all we know. Lol

Andre (Edge) is a good point of reference for Mopar converters. He is extremely knowledgeable & will tell you what you need depending upon the specs of your car & driveline. I've bought a few converters from him & had no problems with them, he knows his stuff!

Another vote for Edge Converters and Andre.
The list of questions seemed endless...but he got it right.
Feels like a slingshot ride.

-
Back