is this important?

-

JRDART

Owner "Poisoned Dart"
Reaction score
ive been meaning to ask this but theres this little box on the engine..bolted to the intake that i can figure out what its for..it has two prongs, one has a wire running to the choke and the other has no wire attached at all. the only numbers on it are 6148 and other than that it says choke cont. heres a pic if that helps

IMG00256-20110210-0705.jpg

That is a electric choke heater which is meant to prevent flooding when the engine doesn't cold start easily. It gets one 12 volt wire that is hot in run like the ignition, alt field, etc.., dark blue wire.

can anyone send me a pic of the actual setup..because it is important because my car hates cold weather.

ill do that when if i get this job next week..unemployment sucks, but anyways Red is that dark blue wire on a connector running on the other side of the valve cover?..because theres a dark wire thats been cut and that may be it

i can see what your talking about now...question is what do i need to hook it to..Sorry if Im being ignorant...Cant read music tabs..cant read manuals lol

Look at the bottom diagram Abodyjoe posted. It's powered off the blue wire feeding the alternator field. This wire actually goes several places

It comes from the key "in run" and goes to

ignition system

regulator

idle solenoid if used

See the choke down bottom left of the diagram?

alternator field

your electric choke

-
Back