Is this low-reverse drum trashed?

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Title speaks for itself. Doesn't look good to me, and I can't imagine a new band making full contact. Anyone know of a good source for this part and a new low-reverse band? Old band doesn't look too bad, but I think this tranny has been rebuilt. Sorry about the pic. That's the best my camera will do.

PB160425.JPG

It sure don't look too good. Been hot and has some pretty good grooves. Your right a new band won't hold it good. I've seen new front drums but not rear drums. The only 2 people I'd know to call to check for a new one would be Chris Andrews at Andrews Racing or John Cope at Cope Racing Transmissions. Or just look for a good used one. Sometimes I have extra good used parts but right now I don't have an extra rear drum. Good luck finding one.

U need DIFFERENT DRUM......your options are, new, used or I have heard of getting the drum machined down, but I have never seen this or had it done.If u want a good used 1 I can hepl u out, but there may be someone closer that has one...........Kim

I might have one at home for a 904.....let me check when I go home tonight

Thanks guys,

I talked to Chris Andrews and he was able to get a drum and low-reverse band dropped shipped to me. :thumbup: I probably should have mentioned that this is a 727 too! After digging deeper into the trans sub assemblies this past weekend, I found a few other problems as well. The front clutch retainer was in good shape and I was able to just replace the seals and clutches and now it's ready to go. The rear clutch retainer was another story. Three of the friction disks were devoid of friction material and the steels were burnt/warped so bad that they looked like potato chips! :sad: I'll put pics in another post so all can revel in the destruction! :wav: And I was wondering was the funny noises were when I put it into reverse! :toothy7:

-
Back