Is this your 340?

-

pauly v.100

Reaction score
I'm just checking to see if this 340 is needed to complete someone's restoration project before I send it to the machinist for stroker preparation. -pauly

Attachments

• 1217121019.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 352
  • 1217121020.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 350
Yep, the VIN would be great.

That block is date coded to be two months ahead of what my car's assembly date is.

I keep hoping that I can find the original block.

Very nice thing you are doing, hopefully somebody will get lucky!! I would love to find the original 340 for my Swinger :glasses7:

IEI 856 is the number on the rail, can that be right? I thought it would be more numbers.

GW340P33810351 stamped on the front drivers side below the deck -pauly

Man, I got two 340's in my garage! I need to post the VIN's to see if I can help marry them up with someone's original car!!!!

Whew! thank goodness you found my motor(s). I'll send UPS for them. I don't have proof that they came outta my 72 /6, I mean 340 duster, but you'll believe me, right? I can identify it by the amount of cylinders. I'll PM you so that no one else can try and steal this secret information from under us. What a good sam you are.

Whew! thank goodness you found my motor(s). I'll send UPS for them. I don't have proof that they came outta my 72 /6, I mean 340 duster, but you'll believe me, right? I can identify it by the amount of cylinders. I'll PM you so that no one else can try and steal this secret information from under us. What a good sam you are.

you're funny, a regular Jan Murray!

Jan Murray! Man, I haven't heard that name since Hollywood Squares went off TV.

Thanks for the VIN. It probably is "1E".

That's got to be an early 71 engine. We'll see when he posts the vin....

-
Back