It Lives!!!!

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
After four years of working on my dart I got to hear the motor fire up today! Dang that felt good, now to have a beer!
I think you have to click on the picture to see the video.

[ame=http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/stans7853/Itlives001.mp4]
th_Itlives001.jpg
[/ame]

That's beautiful Stan...I love that you didn't have the idle cranked down so low to try and make it sound crazy radical, like some do. :thumleft:

I'm gonna have a beer also in tribute to your nice work. Doesn't take much arm twisting for that to happen...lol.

Thanks you guys, it's been a long time getting to this point. Next I'll get the windshield and back window installed, new tires and wheels and a alignment so maybe I can drive it before winter gets here.

That sounds awesome........I bet you're stoked!! 4 years is a looooong time to wait :thumblef:

O my goodness!! :shock: That sounds and looks great :thumblef:
Happy is the man on the hill to see this running today :cheers:
well worth the wait I bet :happy2: Congratulations Stan :D

Sounds great Stan. Looks great too. That's such a feeling of accomplishment when you fire it up for the first time. tmm

Backed it out of the shop yesterday washed it then parked it out in front of the house. Took a couple pictures and parked it back in the shop. Sure felt good to have it move around under it's own power.

Here's what it looked like when I started and what it looks like now.
That's my 3 year old grandson Logan standing in front of the dart, he wanted to ride with me to the front yard and back to the shop.

I know it need wheels and tires bad but I decided I was going to get it road worthy first and then get wheels.
Still thinking about a black butt strip too. Satin or gloss black?

Attachments

• 74 dart 008.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 003.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 101
-
Back