It's alive!

-

H8z2luze

Reaction score
Finally after working on her for a couple weeks I got to hear it fire up. just a little 318 with a 455 lift cam, Wieand stealth intake, long tubes and heads redone to handle the cam. Haven't tuned the carb or anything yet. Mind you this motor came out of a running and driving truck just not with this carb. After a couple hours if wire diagnosing me and my buddy figured out the starter silonoid was bad. Went and got a new one... Bam! So excited. Still need to do some clean up and weld up the exhaust but she's about road ready!

https://youtube.com/shorts/XTWeo8C_Oyw?feature=share

0EE720C7-2BCA-42A2-8805-A64424B98303.jpeg
14FD2117-3D41-48B7-A45F-274B6903CB10.jpeg

Sounds good- looks great- got any more pics of it? You gonna stick a stripe on it?

Finally after working on her for a couple weeks I got to hear it fire up. just a little 318 with a 455 lift cam, Wieand stealth intake, long tubes and heads redone to handle the cam. Haven't tuned the carb or anything yet. Mind you this motor came out of a running and driving truck just not with this carb. After a couple hours if wire diagnosing me and my buddy figured out the starter silonoid was bad. Went and got a new one... Bam! So excited. Still need to do some clean up and weld up the exhaust but she's about road ready!

https://youtube.com/shorts/XTWeo8C_Oyw?feature=share

View attachment 1715939107 View attachment 1715939108
There is NOTHING like hearing your engine crank up after doing so much work. I love it!!!

Very nizze !:thumbsup:
Can we get a picture of the Alternator side please, like to see the brackets and pullies please.
Congratulations on a super build sir :thumbsup:

I hope that was the first fire up AFTER breaking in that new cam.

Is it a new cam? I got the impression from the first post that the motor was swapped from another vehicle with just a different carburetor.
You’re probably correct. I re read the op. I hope you are.

-
Back