It's Alive!!!!!!!!!!

-

strange246

Reaction score
Fired up the Demon and broke in the cam today! She sounds MEAN!!! Now the downside is the rear main seal is pissing oil, but hey atleast I dont have to do it just once LOL....Also the headgasket was leaking steam every 30 seconds or so when the temp was around 220*, finished break in and shut her down, let her cool and then warmed her up again and no leaking head gasket, I dunno?? Maybe after I re-torque the heads she'll be ok? Here's a couple vids

Ryan

Sweet, Congrads. Yes, re-torque the heads, hopefully you milled them so their not warped. Don't know what to make of the rear seal leak unless it was damaged on the install. Keep us informed.

Jim

Thanks guys! Here's the combo, 440 bored .030 over, forged crank and rods, forged TRW pistons, 11.5-1 compression, Eddy heads, Comp Extreme Energy cam .507 lift on the intake, .510 on the exhaust, Eddy performer RPM intake, 750 Mighty Demon carb, Schumacher headers, MSD 6AL ignition, MP distributor....I've had built smallblocks that didnt rev and respond like this thing, just barely blip the throttle and its at 4,000 rpms like nothing, cant wait to drive it now!

Sounds awesome man! congrats! hope you can fix the leak and finish her up soon!

Congrat's strange246 :cheers:=P~
You sure look happy to hear it fire up :-D It's alive :cheers:
Good job

Nice job!Nothings worse than a good running car,but can,t drive it!Hope you finish it up soon?Nice little bike for wifey too!

AAAAAHHHHHHH nothing like sound of a big block A body in the morning!!!!:toothy10: except maybe the sound of an A body sucking a X brand into the carb then out the tail pipe to get it out of the way!!!!!:-D

-
Back