its been awhile part 2

-

homecloned

Can't re Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, its been 4 years since i last visited. My bad. Dart is still sitting but i am getting ready to dust her off again. She will need some body work to replace some rusted areas and full interior. The 340 still sounds strong when the electrical issues let it run so i will probably start with a new wire harness through out. I will post update pics soon. My bicycle restoration business i started 8 years ago is going stong. iridevintagebicycles.com I have worked backed up 3 years out so all is good. Just wish I could find good dependable help.
I noticed a legendary members list has been added and am saddend to see Roy(SGBARRACUDA) name on it as well as other members who were here when I signed up to FABO back in the mid 2000's.
Here is a pic of me and Charlie Belcher from FOX 13 news from a few years ago and some a 1967 Peugeot PX10 restoration.
Thanks for viewing.

20190730_093327_resized.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

20221226_120552.jpg

Hello everyone, its been 4 years since i last visited. My bad. Dart is still sitting but i am getting ready to dust her off again. She will need some body work to replace some rusted areas and full interior. The 340 still sounds strong when the electrical issues let it run so i will probably start with a new wire harness through out. I will post update pics soon. My bicycle restoration business i started 8 years ago is going stong. iridevintagebicycles.com I have worked backed up 3 years out so all is good. Just wish I could find good dependable help.
I noticed a legendary members list has been added and am saddend to see Roy(SGBARRACUDA) name on it as well as other members who were here when I signed up to FABO back in the mid 2000's.
Here is a pic of me and Charlie Belcher from FOX 13 news from a few years ago and some a 1967 Peugeot PX10 restoration.
Thanks for viewing.

View attachment 1716064465

View attachment 1716064466

View attachment 1716064467
Nice bike! I had a Peugeot touring bike I bought in 1974. Much of it was very similar to yours. It had hill climbing gears though , not racing gears like this one.

Nice bike! I had a Peugeot touring bike I bought in 1974. Much of it was very similar to yours. It had hill climbing gears though , not racing gears like this one.
This was for a customer, career military man. He bought it new and traveled all over the world with it.

I just picked up a stack of vintage NOS racing sprockets by SUGINO. It was from a bicycle shop owner who had a bunch of NOS stuff still at his house. Do you deal with vintage racing bikes? I have like 27 brand new all different sizes. Are these things worth anything? I took a chance cause the price seemed right for all of them.

This was for a customer, career military man. He bought it new and traveled all over the world with it.
I bought mine new, too. It was just under $200 as I recall. That represented a lot of lawn mowing, snow shoveling, fence painting, hay stacking, and manure shoveling for a kid in the early '70s. I rode the heck out of mine until I got my Super Bee. Alas, I own neither anymore.

I just picked up a stack of vintage NOS racing sprockets by SUGINO. It was from a bicycle shop owner who had a bunch of NOS stuff still at his house. Do you deal with vintage racing bikes? I have like 27 brand new all different sizes. Are these things worth anything? I took a chance cause the price seemed right for all of them.
I have quite a few road bikes, Italian, French, English. Most are my collection:p Yes those sprockets have value.....depending on teeth count.

Wow....I bookmarked your website. I have an early 70's Sears Free Spirit that I bought when I was 14 years old. Sold my mini bike to buy the 10 speed....lol. Mine looks like the same frame and everything to the one you fixed for the lady to surprise her brother, only mine is green instead of white. I need to look and see what my decals look like vs the ones your guy made for that bike.

Welcome back to the site. :thumbsup:

I have quite a few road bikes, Italian, French, English. Most are my collection:p Yes those sprockets have value.....depending on teeth count.
Gave me some motivation to actually tally up the sprockets. If you're interested in any of them let me know. I can do you very well on them if you like to help me from the hassle of selling elsewhere. pics to show a sample but the breakdown was:

86 BCD-
2 X's 32T
3X's 34T
2X's 42T
3X's 44T
2X's 45T
1X's 46T
2X's 47T
4X's 48T
5X's 50T
All look like Sugino unmarked that were sold on the racks behind the counter and have some stickers still on them.

106 BCD triple bolts
1 X 44T
1X 46T

130 BCD-
1X43T

144 BCD-
Sugino Mighty Comp 49T X's 1

All those are New Old Stock from Gamache's Cycles in Fitchburg Ma that closed mid 90's. Let me know if you want a deal on them.

Growing up in the eighties I was more into BMX bikes. Got rid of my General Hustler unfortunately but have since found a nice original Schwinn Predator Streetwise and just last week found a junior matching version that I was pleased to find. Also a late model Stranger Things Motomag "Max" Mongoose.

IMG_7283.JPG

IMG_7284.JPG

IMG_7285.JPG

IMG_7286.JPG

IMG_7287.JPG

IMG_7288.JPG

IMG_7289.JPG

IMG_7279.JPG

IMG_7280.JPG

IMG_7281.JPG

Nice work, Love old steel bicycles myself.

My 1985 Schwinn Paramount

85 Paramount.JPG

Daughters 1992 Schwinn Paramount

92 Paramount.JPG

Nieces Centurion Mixte.

P1010007.JPG

Grand daughter's Schwinn Lil Chick

Schwinn Lil Chik.JPG

Gave me some motivation to actually tally up the sprockets. If you're interested in any of them let me know. I can do you very well on them if you like to help me from the hassle of selling elsewhere. pics to show a sample but the breakdown was:

86 BCD-
2 X's 32T
3X's 34T
2X's 42T
3X's 44T
2X's 45T
1X's 46T
2X's 47T
4X's 48T
5X's 50T
All look like Sugino unmarked that were sold on the racks behind the counter and have some stickers still on them.

106 BCD triple bolts
1 X 44T
1X 46T

130 BCD-
1X43T

144 BCD-
Sugino Mighty Comp 49T X's 1

All those are New Old Stock from Gamache's Cycles in Fitchburg Ma that closed mid 90's. Let me know if you want a deal on them.

Growing up in the eighties I was more into BMX bikes. Got rid of my General Hustler unfortunately but have since found a nice original Schwinn Predator Streetwise and just last week found a junior matching version that I was pleased to find. Also a late model Stranger Things Motomag "Max" Mongoose.

View attachment 1716064768

View attachment 1716064769

View attachment 1716064770

View attachment 1716064771

View attachment 1716064772

View attachment 1716064773

View attachment 1716064774

View attachment 1716064777

View attachment 1716064778

View attachment 1716064779
Nice survivor bikes. Those sprockets are odd size bolt patterns 144 is old campagnolo and sugino road bike. the small ones are for a triple chainring crank, 110 is mtb. I will check my stock and see if I cant live without them.

I worked with a guy that rode one of those high boys, just don't pull a header with it. Some great stories about them through the years, one of my favourite cowboy songs is about one. I also have a couple Schwinn Pelotons from the mid 80 Suntour Superbe equipped. Also a pristine Panasonic DX 4000. I am winding down to just what I want and a few extra parts. I'm planning a trip to Orlando to visit a high school friend. Would you be interested in my new and used parts. The price is right.

I worked with a guy that rode one of those high boys, just don't pull a header with it. Some great stories about them through the years, one of my favourite cowboy songs is about one. I also have a couple Schwinn Pelotons from the mid 80 Suntour Superbe equipped. Also a pristine Panasonic DX 4000. I am winding down to just what I want and a few extra parts. I'm planning a trip to Orlando to visit a high school friend. Would you be interested in my new and used parts. The price is right.
Yes absolutely, I am about an hour from orlando.

Hay buddy !! How's it been?
Great to see our old friends sign back in, your bike business and hobby has grown :thumbsup: and as you can see so has forabodiesonly, hope you have looked over your old home place here and can navigate it, Joey Chicago has kept it safe and
Fun.
Me, well I am almost ready to drive Victoria out of the shop soon in a month or two, its been a long 7 years and lost all three of my brothers, two to cancer and one to hart failure.
RIP.
Back on my feet and moving forward

20230117_182644.jpg

-
Back