It's time to have a serious discussion about end-of-life priorities

-
Shame we can't just literally "return to the earth" anymore.

That truly seems like a waste.

There's actually a push for that. What I've actually got in the will says to recycle what you can (organ donation) and burn/bury the rest. No preservatives.

That said, I expect to die in a nuclear annihilation from the Chinese, so....**** it.

My will states no extraordinary life saving measures are to be taken, no machines to keep me alive, and any viable organs are to be donated and the rest cremated, mixed with those of my dogs, then spreading the ashes in a few places that have happy memories. Same for my wife.

As far as a "last ride" conveyance, my old man had the same belief as the op. Unfortunately the cemetery had only a Cadillac hearse and claimed that the provincial regulations prohibited the use of anything other than a hearse to transport the body to the graveside. He wanted to go out in the back of an F150.

If I get between a blonde and a redhead I will be dead. My wife is a brunette. :)

It seems like a waste of a Harley but this is how one guy chose to get buried

Not to get into religion, but this makes no sense .
So people burned in a fire, blown to pieces, or all those vaporized in a Nuclear War have no chance. If the Almighty can Resurrect you he can put you back together.
Personally I don't care where my remains go. ASHES TO ASHES DUST TO DUST.
you missread what i said
the Bible is clear that one day, the sea will give up her dead
trust me, God WILL resurrect every single one of us, regarless of how complete their bodies were burried

what i said was, to me cremating someone and spreading their ashes seems like a deliberate attempt to make it harder on God to do so

Last edited:
you missread what i said
the Bible is clear that one day, the sea will give up her dead
trust me, God WILL resurrect every single one of us, regarless of how complete their bodies were burried

what i said was, to me cremating someone and spreading their ashes seems like a deliberate attempt to make it harder on God to do so

Harder on God to collect the parts. Lol. Our new body won’t have used parts in it. We will be pain free with beautiful bodies.

I'm with abodyjoe. When I'm dead, I won't care what they do with my corpse because I'll be dead. Shoot, feed me to some lions at the zoo for all I care.

Harder on God to collect the parts. Lol. Our new body won’t have used parts in it. We will be pain free with beautiful bodies.
You know what I mean

It won't bother God none, but that's the impression it gives me

This is not a joke, it really happened.....
Back in the 70s when newspapers had For Sale sections...I saw an ad that read 'Coffin for sale, slightly used'.

This is not a joke, it really happened.....
Back in the 70s when newspapers had For Sale sections...I saw an ad that read 'Coffin for sale, slightly used'.
You can buy coffins and urns new and used on E bay and Amazon.
Amazon sells a build your own coffins book for 25 dollars.

I have a coffin used from an old Magician. Makes a great Halloween display.

Last edited:
I am a organ donor. I may be too old when I go,so I doubt they will want anything.
All I know is I want to go before my wife. Without her I will be lost.

How much property do you have to own for that?

I can't see 1/4 acre people doing that.
A fair amount of states you still can.

Pennsylvania: Green burial is legal but unregulated. Typically allows for burial of unembalmed bodies in biodegradable containers or shrouds. Requires a burial permit and death certificate.May 16, 2023

I believe checking the "organ donor" box might allow for more then just putting your organs into a needy person

I remember years ago visiting an exposition called "body works" where it was literally body's of deceased people cut open and put on display

Even to this day, I'm not sure how I feel about it...I can't imagine this is what they had in mind when they checked that box

I believe checking the "organ donor" box might allow for more then just putting your organs into a needy person

I remember years ago visiting an exposition called "body works" where it was literally body's of deceased people cut open and put on display

Even to this day, I'm not sure how I feel about it...I can't imagine this is what they had in mind when they checked that box
No that's separate.
If you want to donate your body to be displayed in one of the exhibits it's a different set of forms and conditions
Those events run worldwide and are highly popular.
It's interesting the process they go thru so they don't decompose.

-
Back