I've been a busy boy, Lotsa pics.

-
Nice work, did you use an aftermarket wiring harness or build your own?

Got the fuse panel and wiring from EZ wiring, tons cheaper than painless, and great wiring, did not have one problem at all with the wiring in this car.

I also got the dolphin Gauges from EZ wiring.
I think the two large dash gauges and the wiring harness was just under $500.oo

One cool thing about the harness is that each wire is labeled throughout the entire length with small writing indicating what it is for such as :coil, electric choke, headlights etc.

It just doesn't get any nicer than your car, spaz. Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks, but believe me, it's not perfect but a pretty nice ten footer.:-D

Trunk looks great! I'll bet the console will look good too.

I hope so.
I hope to have it back by this week or early next.

Spaz, you're ON IT ! I want to build a console for the 65 Dart and never thought of a cardboard mock-up first. Genius.

awesome job.. I cant wait to see that console finished.. car looks intense

Got some work done on the cuda.

Got the trunk panels built and carpeted.

Installed my new/old door panels I got from another member, sorry I forgot who sent me them at the moment, woops.

Built a tach bracket and moved the tach to the top of the dash to make room for my custom console.

Made a cardboard mock up of a center console and played with some power toys.

I chickened out and was gonna cover the console myself but I don't know anything about sewing machines so I sent the console down the street to an upholstery shop to get it covered in black vinyl with black double stitching.

Bye for now, back to work.

Dude, you're the man!!
Great Car!!!

The Card board modeling the center consol really took me back to the custom van DAZE of the late 70's!! Love It!!!:love7:
I often wondered... Being a true 2%er from the 70's (Vanner with party on board) and the hanging with all the 1%er friends of mine back in the day, riding Harleys, does that mean I'm now a 3%er?

Really you're car is like WOW!!!!!:cheers:

Spaz, you're ON IT ! I want to build a console for the 65 Dart and never thought of a cardboard mock-up first. Genius.

Me genius, no way.:-D

I liked how the cardboard mock up worked on the trunk panels so I figured it can't be that hard to mock up a console.

I am seriously debating a custom headliner with an overhead console so looks like I'm gonna need a friggin refrigerator box to play with, ha, ha.:toothy10:

Dude, you're the man!!
Great Car!!!

The Card board modeling the center consol really took me back to the custom van DAZE of the late 70's!! Love It!!!:love7:
I often wondered... Being a true 2%er from the 70's (Vanner with party on board) and the hanging with all the 1%er friends of mine back in the day, riding Harleys, does that mean I'm now a 3%er?

Really you're car is like WOW!!!!!:cheers:

Dude,
I was born 20 years too late.
Was too young during the muscle car era to enjoy all the fun stuff.

great looking work man your a regular chip foose over der keep it up man

Good work, nice car!
You are giving us lots of ideas.
I love especially what you did with the trunk area.
More pics, pant, pant, pant!

Good work, nice car!
You are giving us lots of ideas.
I love especially what you did with the trunk area.
More pics, pant, pant, pant!

Thanks,

I'm itching to see how that console turns out.

I seriously hope they don't butcher it, but even the crappiest job they could do would probably be better than my best work at upholstery so my confidence level is high.

Decided to yank out the 3.23 sure grip chunk and get some improvements done on it like stuff a 3.73 gear set in there.
I was not sure what sure grip unit I had so i was pleased to know that I have a clutch style power lok unit inside.

I have an axle seal that decided to saturate my rear brake pads with gear lube and noticed one of the caliper bolts took a vacation-funny though I never heard a thump or felt anything odd in the brakes so the one bolt must have been enough to keep it locked in place......Will be putting lok-tite and lock washers on everything this time around.

Can't wait to feel the difference in the gear set.

Would love to do the 3.91's but I know my highway rpm would suck without an overdrive.

'spaz, it's hard to believe you could improve on this car, but you're doing it...

I'm impressed.

Thanks fella's.

had fun tonight swapping in my buddies 3.91 sure grip chunk to play with but ran out of daylight and weather so test drive is tomorrow.

Thanks, but believe me, it's not perfect but a pretty nice ten footer.:-D

I used to say that about my ex-wife. Now that she's three states away.....

Seriously, nice job. Love the E-brake handle also. I was wondering what do do about my broke a$$ one. Mind if I borrow that?

That dash looks awesome.

Dude, your Barracuda is righteous!:cheers:

I used to say that about my ex-wife. Now that she's three states away.....

Seriously, nice job. Love the E-brake handle also. I was wondering what do do about my broke a$$ one. Mind if I borrow that?

Do it, you won't be the first.
Thank Nick for that idea also.

Well, I took the cuda for a spin with the 3.91 gears.

I gotta say it was pretty impressive off the line and got my motor into the RPM range in which it was built to run in.
It was fast, fast, fast but the RPMs were always up, up , up compared to the much more streetable 3.23's I am used to.

I took it out on the highway and was running about 2800 rpm at cruising speed but not sure of my exact speed.

It normally cruises at 2200 RPM with the 3.23's.

I don't know, it seems like alot of gear for the street so I think I will definitely go with a 3.73 gear set for a happy medium since I have 30" tires in the rear otherwise a 3.55 would be sweet with smaller tires.

It's Monday and I'm gonna give the upholstery guy a call- I can't hold it in any longer.:tongue9:

:cheers:
Git back today from the upholstery guy.

console1.jpg

console2.jpg

console3.jpg

console8-2.jpg

console6.jpg

console9-1.jpg

console7-1.jpg

console8-1.jpg

Looks outstanding, I really didnt think this car could get much better but you have pulled it off. Congrats!

In that last pic it looks like your pads for the roll bar are welded to the body. Am I correct or is I just can't see the bolts?

Absolutely beautiful work, enjoy it.
Take that puppy out and take some excess rubber off the tires this weekend.

Already did.:evil4:

Looks outstanding, I really didnt think this car could get much better but you have pulled it off. Congrats!

Oh man, still much, much more improvements to be made.

In that last pic it looks like your pads for the roll bar are welded to the body. Am I correct or is I just can't see the bolts?

No, the pads just slip over the bars.

The shoulder belts are the slide over the bar type or you can bolt them on.

Looks good. I like the fact that you have two pistol grips. LOL

Me too.
I could not resist since Georgia requires plain view in car carry so that's what that pocket is for.

-
Back